hectorc1087’s Posts

hectorc1087
on 10/2/18 12:04 pm
Topic: RE: 3 month nutritionist

I am in the beginning process of this journey, I am required to meet with the nutritionist for 3 months and my BMI is currently at the qualifying range of 35.5. My question is if they put my on a meal plan for the next 3 months and my BMI falls below 35 will I be not eligible for bariatric surgery or do I need to try to keep my BMI at 35 during this 3 month process?

hectorc1087
on 9/30/18 9:51 am
Topic: RE: Psych Evaluation for Bariatric Surgery

I met with a bariatric surgeon last week and based on my BMI and Sleep Apena he told me that I was an eligible candidate. He provided me with information and referrals to see a dietitian for 3 months and a psychologist both within the practice. My question is do I have to go to the psychologist that he referred me to or can I choose to look else where as long as they specialize in bariatric surgery exams and are able to send him the report.

hectorc1087
on 9/26/18 3:38 pm
Topic: RE: Medicare Requirements/ List of full comorbid conditions for bariatric surgery

Hello my name is Hector I little about me, I am 30 years old 5"7 227 lbs BMI 35.5, I suffer from GERD, High liver enzymes and I also have High cholesterol levels.I am interested in bariatric surgery I have tried on my own to lose this weight have tried diet programs such as slim fast, nutrisystem, joining gyms and medication and have been unsuccessful. I would like to know if anyone knows what are Medicare's requirements to have bariatric surgery covered and a full list of comorbid conditions that are associated with obesity. I have tried to get the information directly from Medicare but they are vague with the information they provided. Only conditions that I am aware of is Sleep Apnea and Hypertention in which I do not have. If anyone has anyone any information I would really much appreciate it. Thank you.

Most Active