No call for me

nlwomen
on 6/6/11 2:51 am
I called dr. Pace's office and it looks like I wont be getting a call this year. Maybe if I had my referral pass in ten years ago I will be getting in right now.   Good Luck to anyone who just put in your referral, cause your going to need it...
tlr681
on 6/6/11 3:02 am - Canada
Don't give up hope.  My referral went in in February of this year and I have an appointment in 2 weeks.  Give them a call every couple of weeks and keep reminding them. 
nlwomen
on 6/8/11 7:05 pm
Oh awesome..  My understanding was that I didnt have a chance this year because of the people back in 2002. Maybe I will have a chance. If I didnt work so much I would be calling in more. But then again I am so tired on my days off that I dont remember to call.   lol

Congrats!
tlr681
on 6/8/11 8:49 pm - Canada
Write it on your calendar so you will remember to call on your day off.  Can you call during your lunch hour?  One day I called at 12:25 and Janice answered right away.
nlwomen
on 6/8/11 9:51 pm
I cant call long distance on my cell and i dont go home for lunch. Maybe I will have to put it on my calendar.

Thanks
Tam180
on 6/6/11 9:47 am - Conne River, Canada
Oh I am not gonna give up hope, If i can get a consult this year I am grateful and hopefully surgery next year, if not Ill go to Toronto supoose I got to go to get a loan at 30% INTEREST, LOL
Tammy

carrie E.
on 6/8/11 8:47 am - Mt. Pearl, Canada
I had my first referal 5 years ago and also a referal from Dr Martin who is chief of surgery for the HSC and Dr Pace's partner in the WLS program also a new referal sent Oct 2010 and a new one March 2011 ...I have very good overall health, I'm about 270 lbs and  Its not looking good for me either, so I feel like no matter what I do nothing will help.....I'm now on my 100Th diet and also pretty close to looking into surgery in Mexico...I can't afford the bypass in Canada...Way too much money :(   Good luck with everything....I hope it all works out for you.
TerrieNL
on 6/8/11 2:27 pm - Hr. Grace, Canada
That's not true nlwomen, Janice will give you that impression. But, you will get on the list.
Go in and read what I just wrote to Beatle. It sounds like a far off battle that you will never
win. There is hope on the horizon. From what I have learned. He will only organize so
many patients at a time. When he gets this batch of us done. I'm sure you will be
added in the next groupand as he gets more surgeries under his belt he will pickup
the pace... no pun intended.
nlwomen
on 6/8/11 7:29 pm

I did get a bit discouraged after talking to Janice. I just felt that The ones in 2002 who sent in their referrals at that time, should of sent in another since he was not practicing  those surgeries.  I could see if he was doing them all along and it was a wait list. Anyways it dont matter anymore   I am trying to be positive and not give up hope. I am in my eary 30's weighting at 270 pounds and 5'2 in height and feel like I am a old women. It hurts to walk for any length of time. With my work I could be on my feet for 12 hours a day. I feel like my legs are going to give out on me. If I dont have my call by this winter I will get a loan and go out of the province.  .

Most Active