Sleep Test

tlr681
on 7/5/11 11:09 pm - Canada
OK so yesterday I had a letter come in the mail with a Date of October 6 at the Health Sciences for my sleep test.  Today I get a letter with an appointment for a sleep test on July 19 at St. Claires for my sleep test and another letter with an Appointment with Dr. Fox for August 4.  So I call the number on the letter for the sleep test and she said my appointment had been moved up because they wanted me to have the test before my surgery.  I explained that I had to come in from Grand Falls and would like to do this in one trip and that I would be out of the province on August 4 anyway.  It took a little bit of work but we finally settled on July 25 for my sleep study and July 26 for the appointment with Dr. Fox. 

I asked her if she knew when my surgery was scheduled for be she said it would depend on the results of the sleep test.

Now I'm excited and nervous all at the same time. 

Tina         
Surgery:  VSG with Dr. David Pace
Surgery Date :  October 17, 2011.      HW: 280    SW: 252    CW: 235    GW:  140  
TerrieNL
on 7/6/11 8:52 pm, edited 7/7/11 8:49 pm - Hr. Grace, Canada
That's awesome Tina... Good Luck with it. That isn't the same Dr.
Jenn was talking about is it? Sounds like you will get done right away
when you get back from your trip...
  Terrie         
newfie88
on 7/7/11 6:12 am
Congrats Tina.How long after results come backdo you have to wait?

Hey Hey I noticed someone has lost 6 lbs that's awesome Terri .Keep it up.

Marie
TerrieNL
on 7/7/11 8:46 pm - Hr. Grace, Canada
Thanks Newfie88, it's 9 lbs all together on my way to 30 I have to lose for surgery.
It only says 6 because I started with my new weight when I setup the ticker thingy.
I should have put down my old weight instead of my current, at the time.
How is everything with you?
  Terrie         
tlr681
on 7/8/11 6:33 am - Canada
I don't know how long we will have to wait after the sleep test but I assume if it is OK The pre-op liquid diet would start within a few weeks after that.  I really hope I don't have sleep apnea.  I can't afford to rent one of those machines on top of the travel back and forth to St. John's and buying all the protein stuff for the liquid diet.  Going to have to watch my budget for sure now that I am not working.
   Tina         
Surgery Date :  October 17, 2011.      HW: 280    SW: 252    CW: 235    GW:  140  
newfie88
on 7/8/11 8:19 am
I'm doing fine Terri,Thanks.So you've lost 9lbs that's even better still.But I'm sure whatever you lose will help.Take care

Wow would it be that quick do you think Tir?I wish we knew more about this because while we're waiting life does have to go on.Trying to plan vacation.I wonder how long after surgery before you can travel?Oh my just a bunch of ?'s in my head.Good luck with evrything Tir.Take Care.
tlr681
on 7/8/11 8:41 am - Canada
I'm going on vacation for the first 3 weeks of August.  I informed them of this when I had my clinic visit although it doesn't seem they paid attention because one of the appointments they booked was for Aug 4.  I really hope I don't have to start the liquid diet before I get back from vacation but if I have to I will. 
   Tina         
newfie88
on 7/9/11 8:49 am
Hi Tir,Iwas told I would'nt be done before the Fall.I have Vacation starting August 12 - 26th.Don't get me wrong but wish they would be more sure of dates and all.I hope I don't have to start either.Be quite ready time I get back I'd say.Talk soon.

Newfie88
Most Active