Got my date! Well most likely.

tlr681
on 9/10/11 5:49 am - Canada

Had my appointment after the liquid diet yesterday.  I'm down 17 pounds since my first appointment (I lost a total of 20 but 3 I gained after my first appointment so I guess they don't count.)

Tentatively I'm scheduled for surgery on October 17!!!  I still have to wait for confirmation of this from Raleen though.  She said there was a possibility of Sept 26 but I told her Oct 17 would be better anyway since my husband will be laid of then and it will be easier for him to come with me.  There are no surgeries on Oct 3 or 10 because the other surgeon Dr. Boone (apparantly they do the surgery together and one will not work without the other) is not available on the 3rd and the 10th is Thanksgiving day.  Our surgeries are done on Mondays so if the Monday is a holiday there will not be anyone done that week. 

You can expect a long stay in St. John's if you're from out of town.  I will have to go to St. John's on Thursday the 13th for Pre-Admission testing on Friday.  Then I will have to wait all weekend (not point to drive all the way back to Central) and have surgery on Monday.  I will get out of hospital on Wednesday (assuming everything is OK, God willing) but they ask that you stay in St. John's for 7 days after surgery so I won't be able to go back home until the next Monday.  I'm not sure how that will work for those of you who live not far from St. John's.  This is going to get expensive.  (Worth every penny though). 

Tina         
Surgery:  VSG with Dr. David Pace
Surgery Date :  October 17, 2011.      HW: 280    SW: 252    CW: 235    GW:  140  
TerrieNL
on 9/10/11 8:05 pm - Hr. Grace, Canada
Congratulations Tina on finally getting a date !!! Sounds like a long time
away from home for you. But, like you said , it's all worth it.
  Terrie         
Most Active