Post-op

jane0321
on 10/8/11 1:50 pm - Canada
I had my surgery on Sept. 26th and its almost two weeks now and I'm starting to lose my marbles a little.
I am losing weight pretty fast, a pound or so a day, but aside from that I'm going insane.
Because of my line of work I can't go back for another couple weeks, and the no eating thing is driving me insane. Its not that I'm at al hungry because I'm struggling to get in everything that I'm supposed to, but I am just dying to chew something. I tried popsicles, ice cubes, everything I can think of.
And when I'm not mentally craving food, I'm bored out of my mind. The house has never been so clean and now I've started to talk to the pets. I had a long conversation with one of the cat's today about decorating for halloween. I'm so not used to having nothing at all to do all the time that I'm losing my sanity. lol
I started blogging earlier tonight so hopefully that will help my boredom somewhat, but I really need to find a hobby.
Glad boredom is the biggest thing I have to worry about 12 days post-op though.
TDR
on 10/8/11 8:17 pm
 Jane, 

Great to hear you are doing well.  Boredom after surgery is something I worry about too - my life is very busy at work and at home.   And I do have to confess that conversations with my animals happen all the time bored or not!     And I say if it helps keep you occupied go with it!

I enjoyed your blog post and I am looking forward to more.    I am just new on the wait list - so I probably have a while to wait.  In addition to that my BMI lies just outside the range Dr. Pace is doing right now BUT I have started using loseit on my iphone to track my eating and I am walk EVERYDAY!  In the last two and a half weeks I am down 12.6 pounds.   Raylene has asked me to call back in when I get my BMI down to 48 and she will make a note on my file.   I am please with the progress I am making and please God I will be able to maintain it until I finally have an initial appointment.  I have done great with weight loss in the past but I can't seem to sustain it...

Hope the boredom becomes more tolerable!  Walk, watch some movies, read a book, chat with the cats :)  and post on here. Let's all support each other!!

Cheers, 
Trina

HW: 325  SW: 293.4  CW:235.0 Surgery Date Sept 10, 2012   Preop: - 31.6  M1:-22  M2: -16.6   M3: -13.6 First weight goal ACHIEVED!  On to my second goal - CENTURY CLUB!!!!   

tlr681
on 10/9/11 6:20 am - Canada
Hi Jane. 

Congrats, on getting your surgery.  Mine is booked for Oct 17 so I'm not far behind you.  I believe that is actually the next surgery day after yours because there are no surgeries on the 3rd or the 10th.  I had an appointment with Dr. Pace on June 16 and I think we may have actually met that day. 

When it comes to being bored, why don't you think of some things that you have been meaning to do but have not found the time.  Visit family members you haven't seen in a while, read that book you've been meaning to, reoranize you drawers to make some room for the new outfits you will soon need.  The next two weeks will fly by before you know it. 

As far as wanting to chew goes, try putting a yogurt in the freezer with a spoon stuck in it. 

Tina
   Tina         
Surgery:  VSG with Dr. David Pace
Surgery Date :  October 17, 2011.      HW: 280    SW: 252    CW: 235    GW:  140  
jdeon
on 10/11/11 12:15 pm - St John's, Canada
Try a soft scrambled egg or some tuna if you are going nuts. I found adding a little real food back in worked for me at that stage - just make sure that you make choices that count for your protein!! All important - especially when it comes to the hair-loss thing.

Call me anytime if you need to chat - 743-7287 cell.
- HW: 270 lbs. SW: 248 lbs. CW: 185 lbs.
The story of my journey back to health is here: http://www.obesityhelp.com/member/jdeon/uzone,blog/action,view/blog_id,311677/

jane0321
on 10/11/11 12:27 pm - Canada
I'm only two weeks post-op now. Is it okay for my to start adding a little bit of food in yet?  I was still kind of out of it when I was talking to everyone in the hospital but I was under the impression that I had to wait 4 weeks post-op before adding anything in.

Most Active