Record your fluid intake

nlwomen
on 10/22/11 2:06 am
Hey! Just got back from seeing Raleen and she was very upset with me for not recording the food/fluid i consumed during the two week full fluid diet. I didnt know that we had too. I though it was after the surgery.  I was told by raleen that she is not putting me on the surgey list. She feels I am not ready because she has no proof that I even did the two week diet. So now I have to do it again and record it. I did lose ten pounds. I guess its not enough proof.  Make sure your prepared for your appointment. I dont know if anyone else had this problem with Raleen??
TDR
on 10/22/11 5:39 am
 Hi, 
 Sorry to hear your appointment went like that.  But in all fairness to Raleen your journal is the only way she has to ensure you know how to track what you eat, count protein and be committed to the program.

I have just started my two week liquid.  Raleen and Rhoda are both very quick to answer any questions I have.   If I am not sure about something I do not eat it until I hear back from them.  

We do have to be prepared for the appointment - but it is for our benefit. After the surgery we do have to track, consume enough protein and water.   It is necessary for our medical team to know we are able to do this.  If Raleen and Rhoda do not know - they simply can't put our names forward.

Keep tracking - do your diet again - send it in.  I am sure once Raleen sees that you are committed and are able to do what is needed for this Surgery you will be rescheduled.    Don't get bored on your liquids.  I made three great soups this morning - butternut squash, broccoli and a cauliflower.  I will share my recipes if you wish!  I put a tablespoon of greek yogurt on my squash soup - it replaces sour cream and helps boost the protein.  I have not tasted the others yet.   I have them frozen for quick meals.

Show Raleen that even though you made a mistake your are ready for this!!!   You can do this!

Trina

HW: 325  SW: 293.4  CW:235.0 Surgery Date Sept 10, 2012   Preop: - 31.6  M1:-22  M2: -16.6   M3: -13.6 First weight goal ACHIEVED!  On to my second goal - CENTURY CLUB!!!!   

Nadine78
on 10/22/11 8:51 am, edited 10/22/11 11:55 am - St. John's, Canada
 Don't get discouraged with it.  It will take decdication, that's for sure.  I know it was a difficult 2 weeks, but showing her you can do it again will show much more decication!  Raleen will see that!

I have 3 days left of my 2 week fluid diet. Has not been easy.  The past few days are good though.  Not really hungry either.  I record my meals and snacks, and how much protein they have.  I also jot down things I tried, and liked, as well as disliked.  I noted my feelings and frustration as well.  And any challenges I faced.

I am a huge fan (no pun intended) of protein shakes.  They are very versitile, and you can make them so different.  If you want some recipe suggestions, dont hesitate to contact me! :)

YOU CAN DO IT! :)
TerrieNL
on 10/22/11 10:32 pm - Hr. Grace, Canada
Hey Nadine: I would love to know what you do with the protein shakes.
I like the boost ones, they taste great. But, I have some powder ones
that I am not too fussy about. Thanks for any suggestions.
  Terrie         
Nadine78
on 10/22/11 11:12 pm - St. John's, Canada
Everyone has different taste when it comes to protein shakes. I find the vanilla is a good one to start with, because it is easier to "mix in" different flavors.

All my shakes have 35G vanilla ice cream protein powder, ice, 1 cup skim mil**** and 2 spoons of greek yogurt.  The bullet is the best thing I have ever purchased!

Adding cold coffee, and a little extra ice, will make it taste like an ice capp.  That one is my favorite!

Adding 1/3 cup of OJ makes it taste like a creamsicle.  I like that one, because it has a little more sugar, so it ensures my sugar levels don't drop (which it has been while I am on the liquid diet)

I have also added Ocean Spray Low Calorie Cran-Pomegranite Juice.  About 1/3 cup, or to whatever your taste.  I find that, mixed with the vanilla almost tastes like grape. Diet V8 Strawberry banana juice is another one I have tried. But I found it too overpowering.

I have also added frozen berries.  Blueberries are good.  Blackberries and raspberries are great too, but they leave a lot of seeds that get stuck in my teeth, which annoys me!  Frozen strawberries is another addition as well.

Again, everyones taste will differ.  Its a trial and error to see what it is you like.  I like how versatile the shakes can be.  Be creative.  Think of any juice you may like, and add something similar.

Let me know what you test out!! :o)

TerrieNL
on 10/23/11 9:07 pm - Hr. Grace, Canada
The ice capp & creamsicle sound yummy. Thanks Nadine.
  Terrie         
TerrieNL
on 10/22/11 10:37 pm - Hr. Grace, Canada
Hi Nlwomen: Thanks for the comment, I was not thinking about having to
record my fluid diet for my appointment. I have not had an appointment with 
Reyleen or Rhoda yet. I have not even been to any of these infor. sessions
I keep hearing everyone talk about. I saw Dr. P on June 16th. before the ladies 
were setup for anything. So, I am in the dark about any of their proceedures. 
  Terrie         
TDR
on 10/22/11 11:06 pm
 Hi Terri,

What flavour shakes do you have?  If you don't like the shakes you could always put a scoop of unflavoured in a soup.  I have also made protein puddings and jello.  I have a really nice flavour (from popeye's) Peanut butter crunch.  Soo good.   I have put the peanut butter flavour in a chocolate pudding mix... really nice.  Just make sure you buy the sugar free/fat free one!

Popeye's has a lot of different flavours to choose from. I love them!  

Let me know what flavours you have and i might have some recipes for you..   I just finished making soups for my week- i do not like canned or boxed soups- so I made a low fat cream of broccoli, a caulifower soup, mixed veggie soup and butternut squash soup.   they all only took a couple of hours total to make.   I just blended them when they were cooked.  I used my food processor but I think a blender would work just a well.    So all I do with them is add a little unflavoured protein powder - after I heat them.

Hope this helps!
Trina

HW: 325  SW: 293.4  CW:235.0 Surgery Date Sept 10, 2012   Preop: - 31.6  M1:-22  M2: -16.6   M3: -13.6 First weight goal ACHIEVED!  On to my second goal - CENTURY CLUB!!!!   

TerrieNL
on 10/23/11 9:05 pm - Hr. Grace, Canada
Hi Trina: I have chocolate shakes in powder form. These are the shakes they get
in Ont. to take pre-op & post-op. My sister-in-laws neighbour had lapband done
in Ont. and she had shakes left that she gave me. I am not too fussy on them but
try to use them in between my boost ones. Since I found out that I won't be having
surgery until Feb. March I have been slacking on the shakes  a little bit. I have been
eating a bit more normal and thought maybe I will start up again with the liquid
diet in the new year.
  Terrie         
nlwomen
on 10/23/11 12:02 am
Hey TerrieNL

I went to the orientaion back in sept when the weather was not so great. lol  Their was about 30 people their. The session was about 4 hrs long and they told you everything you needed to know about the process. Apperently I didnt hear one part. lol  After that they phone you with your appointmnet  to meet and do your two week full fluid diet and record what you have consumed and the amoung of protein. They want to make sure you will be able to get the right amount of protein in after surgery.  After that they call you to meet with the dr to sign your consent and you also have to do your low fat diet to shrink your liver. Then surgey.  Maybe you should phone and ask can you go to the next orientation. As for the protein shakes I drink carnation breakfast anytime shakes at work and whey protein power at home. I have a small counter top blender for the power shakes and it works very well. I sometimes mix 1/2 scoop of meal replacement with the whey power for a better taste.
Most Active