Magic Bullet Shake ideas??

Sherryb1971
on 1/7/12 8:06 am
Just started the new year by trying to add in shakes to replace meals that I'd normally skip. Feeling super guilty after all the treats after Christmas and need desperately to lose a few pounds. So far I've just tried the protein power in milk, I have also tried adding in a few chunks of strawberry and mango but I've definately NOT gotten the hang of it yet. Any ideas for other good combos? I plan to trying an iced coffee version tomorrow. Just wondering what ideas others have come up with on their own that tasted good. And wondering what I could use for liquid other than milk??
mandy_1
on 1/7/12 8:15 am
 I got a magic bullett for christmas this year and would love to hear some of your ideas... ive been googling like crazy and havnt come up with much :( ill let you know if i find some good ones!
Sherryb1971
on 1/7/12 9:32 am
Well tonight I wanted something that would make me feel full. I drink the shakes and I'm starving afterward. So I added a heaping tablespoon of  fat free cottage cheese (you don't taste it) and used an individual flavored yogurt (apple crumble flavor) along with a scoop of protein powder and a splash of milk. I only tasted the apple/vanilla flavor, but I think the cottage cheese when well blended (yogurt too) was a good thickening agent as well as added protein. It was as thick and foamy as a McDonalds shake. Definately left me feeling full and more satisfied than just the powder and milk for sure. I have a pot of coffee cooloing now to make an iced latte tomorrow morning. That one just uses cold coffee (decaf is best) 4 ice cubes and a scoop of vanilla protein powder. Did you get the list of recipes Raleen had. I have those I can send you if you want to send me your e-mail addy.
mandy_1
on 1/7/12 9:44 am
 im not on the liquid diet yet but i do have the recipes... i have been following somone on twitter who shares some of her shakes recipes as well... im not near the surgery yet but im really interested in learning and preparing for when it all starts... and im hoping (and praying) that the wait wont be crazy long... raleene told me id have about a year to a year and a half wait... good luck with your shakes... heres to hoping the latte is delicious tomorrow :)
Sherryb1971
on 1/7/12 10:45 am
I'm nowhere near surgery yet either and likely have the same wait as you, but like you I'm trying to get used to and incorporate small changes now to get me toward that goal. And what the heck? It sure wouldn't hurt for me to lose a few pounds beforehand. I've really changed a lot of my eating habits over the last couple of years but I know I'm still consuming too many calories and my portion sizes are still too large. I eat the majority of my calories in the evening/night and I almost always skip breakfast. Been trying to start the new year by having shakes for breakfast and lunch and then eat supper but it wasn't working. I was WAY too hungry by supper and almost uncontrolable at that point. Now I'm trying to eat lunch and have shakes for breakfast and supper. I know post op there will be a lot of foods that won't agree with our smaller stomach size so I'm trying to get used to majorly chewing my food more and I'm trying to wean myself off of all the diet soda. I know veggies are great while I'm trying to lose, but the only way I eat and enjoy a load of veggies is in Chow Mein and I'm sure that's not healthy. I've been looking tonight for a healthy recipe that would provide the same taste. *lol*
mandy_1
on 1/8/12 4:28 am
 i have the same pattern of eating... i sometimes go all day without eating and start supper time and eat until i go to bed... i have a lot of bad habits that i need to work on...  but i guess its hard to change a lifetime habbits
newfie02_11
on 1/8/12 7:26 am - Canada
I use skim milk with my shakes and sometimes put yogurt into them...make sure to switch to decaf coffee and tea if you drink it and also the same with pop... stick with it you all will do good.
TerrieNL
on 1/9/12 11:58 pm, edited 1/10/12 12:00 am - Hr. Grace, Canada
Hi Ladies: I've been on the liquid diet now since Dec. 28th. Have my app. with
Releen & Rhoda on Fri. to bring in my food journal. You really need to try and
start eating when you get up. The more you can get in before supper the better.
Eating anything after 8pm. is only sabatoging the work you did all day.The key
is to have at least 60g of protein a day and Rhoda would like even 70-80g. But,
it's hard on liquids. The protein tetra pkgs. at Costco are delicious and they have
30g. in them. You need your protein so you don't lose muscle instead of fat.
One smoothie I like is : Put in a blender 1 high protein Vanilla Boost, 4 oz. OJ,
and 4 ice cubes. It's just like a creamcicle. To make it more filling throw in a med.
banana. The more weight that you can lose while waiting for surgery will help
you have a safer surgery. Dr. pace will be very pleased if you help with that. I
was 326lbs. in June when I saw him the 1st. time. Now, I will be just under 300
when I see them on Fri. It take a little bit of willpower but you can do it. I wasn't
a breakfast person either but drinking a shake is not too hard. Good Luck.
  Terrie         
Most Active