6 Days and Counting

panorris
on 3/2/09 10:25 pm - Las Cruces, NM
I am so ready for this!  My RNY is 6 days away (March 9) and I can't wait!   There are so many changes happening to me in the next few months I don't think I can contain my excitement.  I want to shout from the mountaintops, but I currently don't live near a mountain.

Next week my RNY.  April 8th my husband moves to Las Cruces (I get to go out there for 12 days).  In June I retire from NJ schools and get to move to Las Cruces with Bill. 

Time cannot pass fast enough.

Pat

Starting Weight:  282 lbs.
Day of surgery:  224 lbs
Current weight: 116.0 lbs
Goal weight:  135 lbs.

Ruth M.
on 3/3/09 5:24 am
Pat, I am so excited for you!  I know exactly how you feel.  I couldn't wait myself.  Sounds like you have a plan with retiring and joining your hubby in Las Cruces.  I felt like you too that I wanted to shout from the mountain top!  I'm now yelling, free at last!  Free at last!  Thank God almightly, I'm free at last. 

I received a call from my primary care physician & she advised me that blood surgars, cholesterol, thyroids, pressure & tricylerces (don't know how to spell it but you get the point), dame back all normal!  I want to live and I am thankful to God that I've been given this chance.  I'm happy for you.  Please keep me posted.

Hugs, Ruth

Be Blessed, Ruth

panorris
on 3/3/09 9:34 am - Las Cruces, NM

Hi Ruth,
I am so glad to hear your blood work came back normal.  Wasn't that your reason for having the surgery, to get your sugar levels in control?  Congratulations. 

Pat

kat87120
on 3/5/09 10:48 pm - Albuquerque, NM
Pat, sending good thoughts and lots of prayers your way.  Monday will be here in a heart beat so we're all moving over, making room for you on the bench!!  Keep us posted and welcome to NM!!!  You'll really enjoy LC!

Katherine

You don't drown by falling in the water. You drown by staying there.
Unknown Author
Failure is only a fact when you give up. Everyone gets knocked down, the question is: Will you get back up?

panorris
on 3/6/09 3:15 am - Las Cruces, NM
Thank you Katherine.  I don't know what has me more excited, the surgery or the move.  Both are exciting and at the same time, both are a bit scary. 

Pat

cowgrl53
on 3/10/09 5:17 am - NM
Hey Pat,

just wondering how your Surgery Went...    May God be with you and give you a speedy recovery.

Cowgrl
Get support in the Phentermine forums!

panorris
on 3/12/09 10:56 am - Las Cruces, NM
Thank you for asking and for your kind thoughts.  Surgery went very well.  I was up and walking 2 hours after leaving recovery.  There was very little discomfort.  The only discomfort I had was following the swallow test.  Every day I find it a little easier to get in the liquids.

Pat

cowgrl53
on 3/12/09 11:31 pm - NM
Yea!   Glad to hear that everything went well....  keep up the walking, protein, and vitamins and of course the liquids..................     YOur on your way............  things are all up hill from here.

Cowgrl
Get support in the Phentermine forums!

kat87120
on 3/14/09 12:26 am - Albuquerque, NM
Pat, just a note to see how you are feeling and how things are going for you?  Have you gone back to work and are you getting everything ready for your move to NM?  I'm so full of questions! 
Praying that you are doing well!

Katherine

You don't drown by falling in the water. You drown by staying there.
Unknown Author
Failure is only a fact when you give up. Everyone gets knocked down, the question is: Will you get back up?

panorris
on 3/15/09 5:51 am - Las Cruces, NM
Hi Katherine
Thank you.  I am feeling really good.  It's hard to believe I had surgery six days ago.  With each day I am able to drink a little bit more.  At first, I was barely able to get down an ounce an hour.  Today, I sipped 4 oz of chicken broth!  I may have pushed my limit though.  I am not going to try to go any more than that.  I can go back to work on the 23rd.  I'm a little concerned because that is the day I start phase 2 of my diet, and I don't know how my pouch will react.  I may ask to hold off until the 24th. 

With respect to the move, we packed up most of the house before I had my surgery.  We are officially moving out of our house on April 8 and expect to be in Las Cruces on Easter Sunday.  I'll stay until April 21, but then I have to come back to finish out the school year.  I promised my students I would not leave them midstream, although I know it is going to be very hard to leave my husband and our new house.  I keep telling myself it's only for 2 months. 

Thanks again for your concern and good wishes.

Pat

Most Active