Having trouble getting an appt after approval?

mclark723
on 4/10/09 9:45 am
Well I was approved  for surgery on Apr 2, 2009 and I did all of the labs and now I am waiting for an appointment.  Originally I was told once everything is done I will be able to have an     appointment in about 2 weeks but now It has been 1 week and no one at the surgeons office can give me information.  They seem to not really care.  They are not very helpful at all.   I was wondering what others experiences were for Dr Lara  office is El paso.
cowgrl53
on 4/15/09 1:02 am - NM
I went to Dr. Lara,  he is very kind and very professional....   I am one year post op and at goal.  I have a few friends that  also went to Dr. Lara and they have done very good.  Because we live closer to Albuquerque, that is where we are going for our follow ups.  Dr. Lara is Great!   Handsome too!

Cowgrl
Get support in the Phentermine forums!

fairy_kissez
on 4/15/09 1:22 am - Albuquerque, NM
You have to understand that Del Sol/Las Palmas is a very busy clinic being that they are taking a lot of patients from New Mexico and it just takes time. I had my surgery one week ago and it took me quite a few months after my approval to get the surgery. Don't get frustrated, this clinic is well worth it and they really do care. I had Dr. Acosta but I hear great things about Dr. Lara. Be patient it will happen. Congrats on the approval, just take a deep breath and it will all fall into place OK.
mclark723
on 4/15/09 1:40 am

I only met Dr Lara for about 2 minutes but I he is not my issue and that is why I have stayed there. Also, I did alot of research and I am really impressed with him.  My real issue is dealing with the office although I will not have to depend on them for my surgery.

fairy_kissez
on 4/15/09 1:47 am - Albuquerque, NM
Have you tried to call Deborah? She usually calls me back by 7 pm. Becky is usually the one that schedules surgery try her as well if you have not already tried. As I said patience I know the frustration when you get that approval and you want it ASAP! Good luck let us know how it is going. BTW do you have a case manager who can do this for you? I have one and when she came along it was easy sailing.

Jen
meinnm
on 4/16/09 10:45 am
I also had Dr. Lara and am thankful that I did.  Unfortunately, it did take a little time to schedule the surgery, but once done, it went by really fast.  I understand that Del Sol has a really long waiting list and Las Palmas doesn't.  I  had my surgery at Las Palmas and was very happy with the experience.  Dr. Lara and his staff are great.  The nurses and techs at the hospital were also wonderful.  I had my surgery in mid-March.  Very happy so far!
fairy_kissez
on 4/20/09 6:20 am - Albuquerque, NM
The reason that Las Palmas has no waiting list is because they are having insurance issues so mostly self pay. I was originally supposed to have my surgery there and when we sent all the paper work to my insurance for approval they denied they said they would only approve my surgery if it was done at Del Sol with Dr. Acosta only. I don't really know why cause they are wonderful at Las Palmas!! Hopefully they will get the issues sorted out soon.

Jen

lapband in 2008 at 298lbs , lowest weight was 183lbs , Band almost killed me and removed in 2011. No revison because to much damage for revision.

Anti Lap-band advocate!

mclark723
on 4/20/09 6:53 am
I finally got a date!!!  Well first I got a call from Del Sol and was told that my date was Apr 28th, but..... then 2 days later I got another call and was told that the Dr overlooked something for that date and that my new date would be May 11th(frustrating but I am over it.)    Well I guess I am just happy that I have some type of answer.  Hopefully I won't have any other changes. 
meinnm
on 4/20/09 7:00 am
I had my surgery at Las Palmas and it was paid by insurance, not self pay.  I understand that Presbyterian only accepts Del Sol.  Weird.  My experience was great.  No issues here. 
Most Active