HELLO ALL...NEED HELP...

gchavez3
on 5/15/09 1:11 pm - ALBUQUERQUE, NM
I have just received my approval on Wednesday. I have an appointment with Dr. Lara on May 28. The receptionist said it was going to be a four hour appt. Can you please tell me what exactly goes on in these four hours? This will be my first meeting with the surgeon. I'm too impatient to wait and find out for my self.  Thanks....
panorris
on 5/17/09 9:38 am - Las Cruces, NM
I don't know why the meeting is so long, but I wanted congratulate you on your first step.  Lots
of luck with the meeting.

Pat

Starting Weight:  282 lbs.
Day of surgery:  224 lbs
Current weight: 116.0 lbs
Goal weight:  135 lbs.

gchavez3
on 5/17/09 1:16 pm - ALBUQUERQUE, NM
Thank you so much. I'm really excited and nervous.
meinnm
on 5/19/09 1:45 am
You will only spend a little time with Dr. Lara.  You will talk to the nutritionist and also the nurse.  They took some bloodwork and gave me a bunch of paperwork to read.  It's actually a lot of waiting as they schedule out of towners together. 
gchavez3
on 5/20/09 12:40 pm - ALBUQUERQUE, NM

Thanks for the info. How long did it take after your initial appointment to get a surgery date. I'm so impatient to get this train moving. How did you feel after the surgery. I"m kinda freaked out that i will be in lots of pain. Any info would be appreciated.

meinnm
on 5/21/09 12:56 am
I went through Las Palmas and only had to wait about 2-3 weeks.  It all happened really fast.  I understand that Del Sol has quite a waiting list so it could take months.  Drs. Lara and Acosta hold a support group once a month here in Albuquerque.  Actually, it's tonight at 6:00 p.m. at the Marriott Pyramid.  Let me know if you need any further details.  Good luck on everything!  I understand how you feel - I think I drove those people crazy for about a month trying to get everything in order!
melly37
on 5/21/09 1:09 am - Rio Rancho, NM
VSG on 04/03/12
I had my surgery through another surgeon (Lap-Band) but was given Dr. Acosta for follow-up care since my origninal surgeon moved away.  I didn't realize they had a support group here....Please tell me more!  I have a fill scheduled at their ABQ clinic on June 12th. 

LapBand Surgery 01/10/08, Revison to Sleeve 04/03/12

meinnm
on 5/21/09 1:29 am
Here's the info for tonight's meeting.  All are welcome.

Las Palomas and Del Sol Bariatric Support Group Albuquerque  would like to invite you to their once a month meeting!   Where: Marriott Pyramid Meeting Room (I-25) When :   May 21st, 2009 6 PM Thursday! Leader:   Becky Turhune  El Paso 915-521-2152  Meeting will have a session on Band Exercise, Bands provided by Las Palomas Books and recipes with Protein, Carb and Fat Breakdown, for your viewing. Bring notebook  to copy recipes.     More info Call  J. J. Williamson   505- 250 7498
melly37
on 5/21/09 1:38 am - Rio Rancho, NM
VSG on 04/03/12
Dang!!!  I work right down the street and would LOVE to go, however tonight I have to leave work and pick my cat up from the Vet.  Sounds great, I want to go to the next one for sure though!!

LapBand Surgery 01/10/08, Revison to Sleeve 04/03/12

gchavez3
on 5/21/09 12:29 pm - ALBUQUERQUE, NM
I would like to go to. Will have to call to see when is the next one.I just signed on now and got the info. Thanks for posting the info on the support groups
Most Active