This is the slowest board EVER!!!

gchavez3
on 5/21/09 12:33 pm - ALBUQUERQUE, NM
K, thats all i wanted to say.
kat87120
on 5/22/09 8:59 am - Albuquerque, NM
Yep, it sure is.  A few of us tried to breathe some life into it a few months ago but with not much luck. 
So, have you had WLS, exploring the options?  I'm right at a year out from having vertical sleeve gastrectomy and doing WONDERFUL!
FYI, I'm in ABQ as well. 

Katherine

You don't drown by falling in the water. You drown by staying there.
Unknown Author
Failure is only a fact when you give up. Everyone gets knocked down, the question is: Will you get back up?

gchavez3
on 5/22/09 12:33 pm - ALBUQUERQUE, NM

Hey Katherine,

I have not had WLS yet. I got approved for it last week with Pres insurance and I have my first appointment with the surgeon (Dr Lara) in El Paso on Thursday 5/28. How was your surgery. Did you have "hell week" after yours?> I'm not to familiar with VSG.

kat87120
on 5/23/09 3:01 pm - Albuquerque, NM
My surgery went great.  I am a year out and down about 135 pounds.  I feel amazing, have all kinds of energy and life is good!  I had a few rough days after surgery but my health history probably played into that.  The one bit of advise that you'll hear over and over (and it's excellent advise) is to sip, sip, sip.  Lots of water helps keep you hydrated and feeling good. 
The VSG is where they remove the bulb type area of your stomach and you are left with a banana shap stomach.  I was not a candidate for gastric bypass or the band so,hence, the VSG.  I do not suffer from any malabsorption and have not had any problems at all.  My surgery was done in Flagstaff, AZ by Dr. Robert Burger. 
I'm sure you are excited and possibly a bit nervous as it seems everyone is.  Your surgery will be over and you will be dropping the weight before you know it!
By the way, welcome to the board... hopefully we can get it going again! 
Katherine
Albuquerque

Unknown Author
Failure is only a fact when you give up. Everyone gets knocked down, the question is: Will you get back up?

gchavez3
on 5/24/09 5:30 am - ALBUQUERQUE, NM
Your surgery  sounds very interesting. It also sounds your doing amazing. I can no wait to be on the losers bench. My insurance does not cover the VSG so I decided to have the bybass. I am so excited for my surgery to get here. It will be like Christmas. I think my kids are even getting excited for our new lives to begin...they want me to wear a swimsuit. Oh joy!!  nervous about that one. i would settle for some shorts at this point or even a skirt. So, I think its up to you and me to get this board going.
kat87120
on 5/25/09 1:44 pm - Albuquerque, NM
Yes, indeed, it will be like Christmas!  I was so happy when I was able to shop in the "normal" section at clothing stores and not go straight to the Plus size area and still not find anything that fit. 
I have Blue Cross Blue Shield and they don't normally approve the VSG but my doctor and oncologist would not do any other type of WLS on me. 
Better start looking for those skirts 'cause you're going to be on the bench and shrinking like crazy befor much longer!

Katherine

Unknown Author

panorris
on 5/24/09 4:53 am - Las Cruces, NM
I recently moved to NM from NJ.  I check both boards a couple of times a week.  While there aren't that many posts on the NJ board, it's a little better than the NM board.  What can we do to shake it up?

Pat

Starting Weight:  282 lbs.
Day of surgery:  224 lbs
Current weight: 116.0 lbs
Goal weight:  135 lbs.

gchavez3
on 5/24/09 5:32 am, edited 5/24/09 5:33 am - ALBUQUERQUE, NM
Hey Pat,

I'm not to sure....I will post a new topic today....make sure to respond and see if we can get some other New Mexicans on the board.

Okay girls...I'm going shopping. I will be back on tonight around 6 or 7. I will post my new topic then so look for it. HAVE A GREAT DAY.
kellymb
on 5/25/09 1:42 pm - Albuquerque, NM
Hello New Mexico, long time no talk....  Sorry, I've been away too long, but have recently started reading the forums again.  I started full-time work a few months ago and seems like getting on the computer after being on it at work all day, was the last thing I wanted to do when I got home.  Sorry.   Things are going great and I'm down 165 pounds, with a few more to lose and I'll be satisfied - I think??!  I do need some plastics and will be seeing a surgeon next week to see if I'm a candidate.  I feel better now than I have in years and am able to do things I could never do before.  I love traveling now that I fit into an airline seat and it's fun to walk everywhere.  We went to Taos this weekend and walked up and down the streets shopping, poor Hubby....  Anyway, just wanted to say Hey and hope everyone is doing great.  Kelly
kat87120
on 5/25/09 1:51 pm - Albuquerque, NM
Hey girl!!!!  We must be on the same wave length cuz I just recently started checking this board out again (it had gotten sooooo slow!)
Poor Dan, did you shop his legs off?  And what kind of cool bargains did you come home with?  How is he doing with WW's?  Charlie has been holding true to the diet I did pre-WLS and he's dropped a few pounds.  He has such a wonderful atttiude and it has been so nice not to have carbs and such in the house. 
Okay, let's get this board jump started again!!! 
Katherine

Unknown Author

Most Active