OK, so now that I have a date of 2/10

Christine S.
on 1/24/04 1:01 am - Rio Rancho, NM
I am wondering around the Obesityhelp site and finding these boards. So howdy all. I haven't had time to do this much before.. but I guess being off for six weeks coming up soon will definately give me some extra time. Let's see, got on the list for surgery locally last April, still haven't heard a word from Neets about a date or anything. Also decided to try out of town and now I am approved and going to Lubbock, TX in just a few weeks for the surgery. Dr. Hall is a fantastic surgeon with lots of surgeries and very minimal complication rate. Anyway..... back to checking things out! Chris Rio Rancho, NM
marmijo
on 1/24/04 10:02 pm - NM
Hello, Christine, It is a shame that we have to seek resources out of town but with Drs. Demerest and Fry backed up 1 1/2 yrs it either wait or continue to suffer. I will be going to Scottdale,Arizona, my first consult is Tuesday, I leave early tomorrow morning. I have been getting all my paperwork in order, (referrals, Drs records,test results) I just need to go to Kinkos and make copies of everything for my record and I'll be all set. I am very nervous and excited at the same time.This site is wonderful and informative. I have been chatting with Arizona since thats where I will be going , but as always, There is no place like home.Good luck in your journey and pleae keep in touch with us.
Christine S.
on 1/25/04 7:27 am - Rio Rancho, NM
Thanks for your response Martina! It is nice to hear from you. Are you seeing Dr. Robin Blackstone (i think that was the name of the surgeon in Scottsdale)? Let me know how your consult goes! This doc in Lubbock does the official consult the day before surgery so I won't meet him in person until the day before he slices me open. It is a darn shame out here in NM, but I am glad I am going out of town anyhow, Dr Hall has stellar results!
marmijo
on 1/25/04 10:01 am - NM
I have will going to the Mayo Clinic, In Scottsdale. They have giiven me no time frame that surgery will be scheduled, who knows when. Where will you do your testing?
Christine S.
on 1/25/04 10:30 am - Rio Rancho, NM
Well I had a full blood work up with a local PCP, and they referred me upon my request to Dr. Hall. They did the psych eval over the phone with a doctor which cost me $100. I go up there for the consult on 2/8, all preop testing on 2/9 and surgery on 2/10.... all on the same trip, unless of course I were to fail the preop tests.. but doubtful. I think the doc takes that into consideration before trying to do it all in one trip. It was one of the reasons I picked him too, they make it alot easier for you being out of town and all.
Richard L.
on 1/28/04 1:58 pm - Albuquerque, NM
I heard that Dr Fry is leaving UNMH and that he will do the surgeries that he already has scheduled and will stay till August to provide follow up for those patients he recently did the surgery for. I heard this at our support group tonight.
Christine S.
on 1/29/04 1:20 am - Rio Rancho, NM
Damn... that really stinks. I am very glad I didn't try and wait to do it locally. Wonder if he got an offer that was really good in a bariatric practice since this surgery is pretty hot right now. Chris
Most Active