Sleep Apnea

ruthann49
on 4/15/11 3:04 am - Canada
Hello,  I saw my physician yesterday and my test shows severe sleep apnea.Any advice on this would be great. I go on the 26th to get the machine for a month trial. Also should I inform the obesity clinic of my new co-morb.? Thanks.

A in NS
on 4/15/11 8:31 pm
You should let the obesity clinic know about the apnea.  I've had it for a few years now - it started out as severe (stopped breathing once/minute) and now I can actually sleep without the freaking machine if I have to - I still use it because I still get headaches if I don't, but I'm hoping some day to be off it altogether!  Don't get me wrong, the c-pap was a blessing when I needed it - I couldn't sleep without it!  But now I would just like to be done with the last of my co-morbs...  My husband also has sleep apnea & uses a c-pap - he loves his.  If you have anything you want to know, just ask  :)

Weight lost since surgery:

nannydeb
on 4/15/11 9:47 pm - Canada
I agree with Ang, you should let the clinic know. 
My husband also has a C-Pap and we don't go anywhere overnight without it.  It has changed his life and mine.  You will find a difference in your life too once you get use to it. Good luck.  
Most Active