I've been Sleeved!

Wendy R.
on 11/1/12 3:37 am - Canada

I've been Seeved!!!  It's hard to believe it's finally done and I'm on the road to a new me! :-)  I had surgery in Halifax with Dr. E on Oct 23rd, so just over a week in.  I wanted to come on here a week ago and write this, but I wasn't in the best of shape to do so.  So ready to join the Losers Club! :-)  Ready or not, here I come!

IslandMomma
on 11/2/12 9:53 am - Charlottetown, Canada
VSG on 05/10/12

YEAH...how do you feel...how much are you down and how much would you like to lose??  Do you have much pain from the actual surgery??

Wendy R.
on 11/5/12 1:26 am - Canada

Hey IslandMomma!

I'll admit, the first week I had a lot of pain and I regretted it for a few days, but mostly it was the acid I think.  Once they gave me something for that and was in my system for a few days or so, it got better.  Now, it just feels like I have sore ribs or something when I sit the wrong way or do too much, but not painful really.  I think the hardest part is the weakness and getting in enough fluids and protein.  Everyday gets a little easier. I'm no longer regretting it, but looking forward to the next stage of the diet where I get to eat soft foods. :-)  Boy do I miss chewing! lol  I think I'm down about 17 pounds or so.  I haven't weighed myself in a day or two.  And I came out of the hospital weighing 13 lbs more than I went in from all the fluids they pumped into me from the IV. LOL  I'm not including that in my weight loss.  Umm.. how much do I want to lose?  Err.. touch one really.  I don't honestly know what my weight goal is.  I guess I'll find it when I get there.  But I'd like to lose another 113 I think and I'll be happy with that for sure!  I had lost 97 lbs before surgery, so I'll get there!  Are you considering or having this surgery as well?

IslandMomma
on 11/5/12 2:49 am - Charlottetown, Canada
VSG on 05/10/12

I had my sleeve done May 10, 2012...I am down about 70 lbs since the surgery and almost 100 since my top weight in Feb!!!  I must have had it really lucky as I really did not have a day of pain after the surgery....not from the surgery anyway...the most painful thing I encountered was trying to drink all my water the first 2 weeks...really hard....now at almost 6 months out, I am seeing quite a bit of hair loss...hard, but I am told it will grow back ...now that I am getting to a better stage in my eating where as I can eat more thatn 3-4 tbl of food at a meal...but remember protein first....I am in the same boat as you and not 100% sure what my best weight will be...never really had one before, so I am thinking I may be good at 180...I am "big boned" , 5 feet 9-10...wear a size 11 shoe...never really been anything small about me...be we are on the way...started out in a size 30 pant or so, now a 22 is getting loose ...yeah....

Anyway..enough gabbing...good luck and congrats.....

Wendy R.
on 11/13/12 5:52 am - Canada

You're doing awesome IslandMomma!  It's nice to hear that I'm not alone.  Still really struggling to get enough in each day.  Stuck around 250 cals most days and about 30grams of protein.  I feel so full all the time and just doesn't seem to be enough room after all the pills.  One day at a time right?  I just feel like my body is starving, but not hungry.  Does that make sense?  Looking forward to soft foods in one more week.  Counting down the sleeps! lol  I'm nervous about it though.. Can't believe there would ever be a day when I never wanted food! lol

Good luck!!

sonywife
on 11/10/12 8:48 am - Elmsdale, Canada
VSG on 10/24/12

I was sleeved in MX Oct 24. No real issues since. I'm on purees now. I ate chicken and brocoli for supper tonight. It was soo good even though it was a few small bites. I returned to work Nov 5th (probably a bit too soon) I still have one of my sites leaking (not a lot).

Wendy R.
on 11/13/12 5:57 am - Canada

Congratulations Sonywife!!  Yeah, I couldn't have handled Nov 5th!!  I'm still way too weak.  Still on liquid diet.  One more week!! My scars are all healed well.. One is a bit tender, but all are great.  I don't have much pain anymore.  I'm tender in my tummy.  I'm just so darn weak!  No matter how I try, I just can't seem to get enough in.  Can't believe I've lasted four weeks on liquids.  I'm a lot stronger than I gave myself credit for.:-)  Good luck and I'd love to keep in touch and see how you're doing.

IslandMomma
on 11/13/12 6:43 am - Charlottetown, Canada
VSG on 05/10/12

Wendy, we will be having another "coffee/get togather" in Dec for anyone here on PEI that has had or would like to have one of the surgeries.....there are 3 of us that have been sleeved and one that had the full RYN then there are a few other ladies that are "in waiting" for their time....We will meet at Robins or somewhere maybe the second week of Dec....I will post the notes on the NS, NB and PEI sites for anyone...please try to join us...

Good luck

T

Wendy R.
on 11/13/12 10:41 am - Canada

Thanks so much for the invite!  I'd love to go if I'm available!  Would be great to meet some others who have gone through it or who will be.  Do you normally do it on a weekend or weekday? Dec 15-16-17 aren't great for me. :-(  Any other time is good though. I'll keep my eyes open on the sites. :-)  

IslandMomma
on 11/13/12 7:53 pm - Charlottetown, Canada
VSG on 05/10/12

Normally we meet on a week night....and it has been pretty good so far....all of us who normally come have just been done in the last 6-8 months, so we are all sort of still in the "Honeymoon" stage....Look forward to having a new regular...we will let you know once we have set a date...maybe a Wed night this month....

Most Active