Hi everyone!

shirlsmith
on 2/11/13 12:19 am - Stellarton, Canada

Hi everyone!  I am back on, couldn't log in with my old username for some reason so I have a new one now  :)

Anyway, Just wanted to let you know where I am now in my journey. 

If any of you remember, I called Diana about 6 months after my referral was sent in and it was lost.  That was fine, I sent another and they put me back on the list.  So, I called last week to see where I was, and it was lost AGAIN!  So I had to get it sent again after thinking I was on the list for 3 years!!!!  So frustrating!  Anyway, she told me that they were getting to the people that were referred in 2008/2009, so it will still be a while yet  :(

I was diagnosed with PCOS last year and having a heck of a time with it.  I go to the gym 4-5 days a week, eat clean and not a budge on the scale.  I don't eat sugar, white flour, and do the rest of the stuff "I should do", but nothing....

Anyone ever get funding from Blue Cross to go out of province?  I don't have any money to put down, but really need this done!  I am taking Metformin for Insulin Resistance now, and seem to be going downhill instead of uphill by doing all the "right things".

Thanks for the rant! 

Jewlz78
on 2/18/13 4:31 am

Hi there. Just wondering what number are you calling to check on your referral?

shirlsmith
on 2/24/13 6:44 am - Stellarton, Canada
I emailed Diana Lawlor at Capital Health.
Jackie00
on 3/11/13 1:32 pm
I tried the insurance route, they will not cover it since the procedure is offered in our province and they are not concerned about the wait time.

I have heard of them losing referrals here but I imagine there are lots of them and they are filed there somewheres.

Good luck on getting seen in the next few years, it is a long road.

I went to Mexico to have mine done. It is the answer for weight loss.
Sleeved 15-Sept-2011 HW 294 Pre op weight 285 SW 279 GW 145?
Pre op 6 lbs lost, M1 - 23 lbs M2 - 11 lbs M3 - 12 M4 - 6 M5 -10 M6 -10 M7 -7 M8 - 4 M9 - 4
M10- 4 M11 - 5 M12 - 0

Most Active