Case Manager Called today

OHHappyDaise
on 3/11/10 8:44 am - Las Vegas, NV
does anyone have anthem bcbs and after submitting bariatric pre auth denial got a call from the bcbs case manager.. What was this "realllly" about.  The sleeve was denied but she asked a lot about my health.  I did not appeal the denial yet and just opted for the RNY instead which she had no information on... Can anybody shed some light,,  She gave me her personal phone and extention to call with any questions I might have... I thought VSG was denied due to medicare non coverage although my BMI is 46.5, HBP, pre diabetic and taking 1 aspirin per day with Nsaids.She even asked about my gym activity...Is this a normal activity of this insurance co?. 
barbccrn
on 3/11/10 2:40 pm - Las Vegas, NV
Jana...I spoke with you tonight and we'll "brainstorm" tomorrow when we meet IRL(in real life). I don't know what this means but in my medical opinion(30 year RN)... provide LOTS of documentation of your medical issues.
In my personal case I had hypertension; sleep apnea and a BMI of 54.1(WOW!!!!). Don't give up hope...this new life is worth fighting for. And once surgery is done...hold on tight...the ride is a roller coaster at times. BUT it's my life and I'd do it again in a heartbeat!

And in the words of MY MAN...Bon Jovi..."It's My Life...It's Now or Never"   This has been my motto from day 1

PhotobucketPhotobucket

OHHappyDaise
on 3/11/10 10:46 pm - Las Vegas, NV
you got it.. I will try and understand all of this...Hope to see and talk to ya soon

Healthy ways adds healthy days.                     
Most Active