He's 4 days out and had a MAJOR LIFE-CHANGING WOW moment!

LisaPeace
on 3/19/10 3:35 am - Tulsa, OK
 Hi everyone!

So Cole had surgery on Monday, and he's recovering nicely. Cole has had uncontrollable type 2 diabetes for his entire life (he weighed 220 in 3rd grade, if you can believe it). Before surgery, even being on two medications, his fasting blood sugar was 220, and in an average day (following a diabetic eating plan) his blood sugar hovered around 300.

In the hospital, it was just under 200, and that was with insulin shots. Yesterday...he took 1/4 of his usual dose, and later we checked his blood sugar. We both thought the meter must be broken...it was at 124. This morning, first check (NO MEDICATION) and it was 98!!!!!! He's NEVER seen a double digit blood sugar level in his life. Oh yeah, and the weasel has lost 14 lbs since Monday. (He's going to show me up, big time!)

I'm just so happy for him, and wanted to share.

Lisa
Highest Weight: 290
Surgery Weight: 282
Goal Weight: 150

Ahealthyme
on 3/19/10 8:26 am - Las Vegas, NV

Wow! that's wonderful news! It's amazing isn't it... My doctor took me off my diabetes meds a week after my surgery.  I will pray that Cole can get off of his as well.

I can't wait to see you at our next support group meeting. Sounds like you guys got a challenge going on.    Thanks for keeping us posted.

CenturyClubCard-3-2-1-1-1.gif picture by barbccrn
barbccrn
on 3/20/10 2:52 pm - Las Vegas, NV
Lisa...sure guys lose weight...like it's a cinch!!! Think it's so cool that you and Cole are going through this together.

PhotobucketPhotobucket

OHHappyDaise
on 3/23/10 10:07 am - Las Vegas, NV
That is so great.. Wooo Hooo Cole. Congrats to both of you and I too says its great you are together during this journey.. Speedy healing to both of ya...

Healthy ways adds healthy days.                     
Most Active