Loratab took me on a "magic carpet ride" !!!!

OHHappyDaise
on 4/3/10 2:49 pm - Las Vegas, NV
Hi everyone.. Sorry It took so long for me to update and glad my good buddies Valerie and Barb did it for me. Well the surgery went beautifully, then came the post op Loratab. I had an adverse reaction that caused agitation, sleeplessness and hallucenations leaving me with a distended and very swollen throat uvala(sp?).My daughter said that after the dose I became disoriented, loopy and delusional. She had to contact the nurses station which left me with a nurse sitting outside my door so that I wouldn't leave. (what?) I was prescribed a different pain med and sure enough had to get rid of the "demonic vicodan" so I am now feeling great and doing fine. Im so happy that I am now on the losers bench, Yeahhhhhh. Thanx for all of your support and prayers. Will update soon. Much love to all of ya...

Healthy ways adds healthy days.                     
LisaPeace
on 4/4/10 2:36 am - Tulsa, OK
 Well, all I can say is leave it to YOU to be a drama queen at the hospital. ;) Seriously though, so sorry you had a reaction like that. My father had a reaction like that to anesthesia...he was out of his mind nutso...convinced people were moving things in his room....people staring at him at the door all night, etc. 

I'm so glad your surgery went well. Those first two or three days were rough for me, but I had such an easy time afterwards. I didn't take any meds after I got home because the liquid lortab tasted like ass to me (I'm guessing what ass tastes like, obviously). Now I can take it no problem if I've got cramps or whatnot.

Take care of you...drink your water and you're going to be amazed at how great you feel soon.

Lisa

Highest Weight: 290
Surgery Weight: 282
Goal Weight: 150

OHHappyDaise
on 4/4/10 3:08 am - Las Vegas, NV
Thanks so much. You know I bet it was the anesthesia as well. But I am so glad to have both feet on the ground now and just waiting to get this darn drain out on April 8th. Anyway.. You are so funny Have a great Easter, speedy healing and Hope to hear from ya soon...

Ahealthyme
on 4/4/10 4:54 am - Las Vegas, NV
Glad you're feeling better my friend! Hang in there and continue to sip, sip, sip and walk walk walk. You'll be back to normal realm soon!

CenturyClubCard-3-2-1-1-1.gif picture by barbccrn
barbccrn
on 4/10/10 11:38 am - Las Vegas, NV
Jana...I hear ya. I so DO NOT do drugs well. Ron was ROFLHAO everytime I got Morphine. According to him...I got that "stoner" look within seconds.

PhotobucketPhotobucket

OHHappyDaise
on 4/11/10 4:56 am - Las Vegas, NV
When you came to the hospital it is just a blurrrr.... I thank you again for the gifts as the journal has made me keep on track.. refried beans never tasted so good. cant fiend carnation (sugar free) instant breakfast but I will keep lookin.. good to hear from ya kid..

Most Active