Insurance change to Anthem BCBS

JCRT77
on 4/18/10 3:50 am - Henderson, NV
Hi everyone.

I am considering WLS. My wife had gastric bypass in 2007 and although I should have followed in her foot steps and lost weight along with her I think I found the weight she lost.

I am getting new insurance effective May 1st. I have many co-morbidities (Sleep apnea currently on CPAP set at 15, Depression, chronic fatigue, GERD, osteoarthritis) 

It's supposed to be a really good plan (Premier PPO) and considering the premium (even as a commercial plan) it better be LOL 

I wonder if anyone has any insight as to what I'm in for with this insurance company as far as pre-certification goes. In addition to that, I would like to get recommendations for surgeons in the valley. (Dr. Tsuda vs Dr. Atkinson, etc.) 

Thank you so much for your help! 

J
OHHappyDaise
on 4/20/10 5:54 am - Las Vegas, NV
I have Anthem BCBS and was quite pleased with the final approval criteria for RNY. I was denied VSG and now sooooo glad... No requirement for previous dieting.. I didn't even need a referral from a PCP. The only requirement was medical necessity which I got from my PCP and my surgeon... It took 2 to 3 days to get the approval. Dr. Atkinson was not in Anthem BCBS network however, Dr. Bernadine Hanna is and is an excellent surgeon. There were only two doctors on this network so be careful with your choice if you do not choose Dr. Hanna. Good Luck and let us know how you do...

Healthy ways adds healthy days.                     
Most Active