New to Vegas - need a Dr for follow up

barryinchicago
on 4/18/10 2:15 am - Henderson, NV
Hey Vegas Losers, I just moved back from Chicago and need to find a doctor for follow up.  I had my surgery in Aug 2008 and am down about 100 pounds.  Unfortunately I have been having trouble keeping food down for about the past 6 weeks.  I am sure it is because I am eating too fast or the wrong kinds of foods, but want to follow up with a doctor to get their advice.  Does anyone have any suggestions?

Also, are there any RNY support groups or nutrition-type groups here in the Valley?

Thanks for your help.
Barry

OHHappyDaise
on 4/18/10 4:39 am - Las Vegas, NV
Hi there and welcome. Dr. Bernadine Hanna at Las Vegas Bariatric is wonderful, professional and has support groups at Mountain View Hospital. 702-384-1160 Call Jenny at his office. I had RNY March 30, 2010 and pleased at my success. Again congrats on your 100 lbs weight loss. Welcome. I hope this helps. Keep in touch.

Healthy ways adds healthy days.                     
barbccrn
on 4/18/10 8:29 pm - Las Vegas, NV
Dang Barry...wish you posted a bit sooner. A few of us went to Dr. Hanna's support meeting on Saturday. He holds meetings every other month. The next one is June 19. He's not my surgeon (but a longtime friend) and his meetings fit my schedule much better than my surgeon's. Jana's right...call his office...hope to meet you at the next meeting.

Girls and Fellows....it's looking like this Nevada Board...IS REALLY showing signs of life!!!

Yay...and doing the HAPPY DANCE!!!!

PhotobucketPhotobucket

Ahealthyme
on 4/20/10 10:15 am - Las Vegas, NV
Welcome Barry!

I'm originally from Chicago myself. I would recommend Dr. Bernie Hanna. He's a great surgeon and has a great personality and bedside manner. His office staff are wonderful as well. Barb posted our next support group meeting details above.

Here's a link to his website: http://www.lasvegasbariatrics.com/home/

Hope to see you there.  Good luck to you!

Valerie

CenturyClubCard-3-2-1-1-1.gif picture by barbccrn
afoster1
on 5/9/10 10:18 am - Las Vegas, NV
Hi everyone,

I'm a newbie here, and live in Vegas.  I'm in the process of deciding on a procedure and a surgeon as well.  I'd like to attend one of the meetings as well.  I see that the next one will be on June 19th.  I clicked on his link, but got an error (maybe it's my PC).  It's good to know there are others in the area and that I'm not all alone.

I hope to meet some of you there if you'll be attending the support meetings.

Alberta 
Hondurian Queen
on 4/25/10 1:26 am - BOSTON, MA
Hello Barry I am new to vegas as well and will be seeking out a surgeon as well. may you have much success in your search and be blessed

OHHappyDaise
on 4/25/10 5:23 am - Las Vegas, NV
Welcome Hondurian Queen and Barry. Hope your relocation to Vegas proves prosperous and blessed. Take Care and Welcome.

Healthy ways adds healthy days.                     
Hondurian Queen
on 5/1/10 4:10 am - BOSTON, MA
Thankyou and have a blessed day OHHappyDaise

Most Active