TOTALLY BUMMED!!!!!!!!!!

barbccrn
on 7/30/10 11:16 pm - Las Vegas, NV
I have participated in the Vegas Walk from Obesity the past 2 years.(as matter of fact...Val and I met IRL for first time @ 2009 Walk) Dana was trying to find this year's date and nothing came up. She phoned Dr. Teng's office and was told he wasn't organizing a walk this year. I made a couple of calls and found out...there is no Vegas Obesity Walk scheduled.  :(  :(  :(

I emailed Tina(from Dr. Teng's office)...seems that Mountain View Hospital decided NOT to sponsor the event on a financial level this year. While Vegas has a very small turnout compared to other cities...it STILL was a morning to get in some exercise and reconnect with some old friends.

It's too late to plan for a 2010 event but I'm already thinking ahead for next year. I mentioned to Tina that I'm going to "mention" this event to the St. Rose Administration and see if they would be willing to sponsor a Walk in 2011.

Maybe the other hospitals in the community should actually take turns on sponsoring the Walk. After all...Mountain View is NOT the only local hospital with a Bariatric Program.
Procedures are done at St Rose DeLima; Desert Springs and North Vista Hospitals.

PhotobucketPhotobucket

~ Dana ~
on 8/2/10 10:48 pm - Henderson, NV
It is a bummer since I also look forward to it every year  hopefully next year they will do it or by another surgeon!  If anyone is interested I would love to get together and just walk anyway with a group of friends on our own!

YAY Barb...maybe you have some pull with this for next year!!!

~ Dana ~

Most Active