Vegas/The Mirage/Protein Drinks

HarleysValentine
on 2/5/11 5:57 am - Orlando, FL
I would like opinions/advise please!
I had my gastric bypass surgery on Jan 17 and will be going to Las Vegas, staying at The Mirage Hotel on March 5 and 6 and am worried about getting my protein in.
I have never been to the area before and trying to do my "homework"...I was originally going to see if the hotel would accept a shipment in my behalf (if I purchased protein supplement from GNC online or something) but now I am wondering if I would be able to just buy a two day supply easily while there? Does anyone know if the gym at the hotel sells any type of protein mixes or drinks or if the mall on the strip has a GNC type store?

I was just going to pack it since I do have protein powder but ....
#1 I plan to have just carryon type luggage since I'll only be there for two nights and am scared since it's not "true medication" TSA would confiscate it before boarding the plane
#2 I prefer the pre-made liquid drinks vs powder protein
#3 If I were to just "suck it up" and bring my powdered protein it might be hard to make it into shakes and similar since I will be in a regular room...

barbccrn
on 2/6/11 9:30 pm - Las Vegas, NV
CLICK (yummy!!!!!) sells single serving packages on their site. You might consider buying a few and bringing them with you. They mix very well in a blender bottle.
I'm thinking the hotel gym,if they sell any protein drinks at all will be outrageously expensive.
There is a Walgreens on the strip...you can probably pick up some EAS Ready To Drink Protein drinks there

PhotobucketPhotobucket

carriesb
on 2/7/11 8:25 am
Walgreens usually have a pretty good selection of protein drinks/powders. And they are everywhere in Vegas.
Most Active