cant get approved

Kimberly C.
on 6/23/03 10:32 am - Reno(stead), NV
isent it against the law for my insurance co not to approve me for this surgery as i am 100 pounds over weight? Kim
Michelle E.
on 6/25/03 2:34 pm - Reno, Nv
I'm in the same boat. They can "not approve you". You need to check your handbook to find what the exemptions are. I have HHP the HMO version and they say the surgery is "must be medically nessary" So, it's up to you and your Dr. to prove it's medically nessary. Well I'm over 100 pounds over weight as well and have other things going on as well. Keep at them eventually they will say yes. I've found out that HHP HMO has paid for other peoples surgerys. I've been denied 3 times!! I've sent an appeal letter. The next step is to hire a Lawyer. I hear many people have hired Matthew Sharp. Sometimes just the mention that you've hired a lawyer will get the insurance comapny to approve the surgery and other people have taken the company to court and won. So all this said it all depends on what insurance company you have. Find out what the exemptions are, talk to others who have the same insurance and KEEP FIGHTING!!!!!!!!!! Michelle Eastman
Most Active