Alone in Elko

athome2much
on 10/23/03 3:24 pm - Elko, NV
I am having surgery on 10/30/2003. I would love to have someone to talk to that is from the same area. Is there anyone else out there?
Diana D.
on 10/24/03 12:55 am - Sparks, NV
Brynda - i'm not in elko, but i'm in reno. i'm 4 weeks post op, and if you'd like to talk, email me at [email protected] and i'll give you my phone number - you could send me yours too! you're not alone - trust that! Diana.
Lil D.
on 10/30/03 6:51 am - Reno, NV
Hi Brynda, thanks for your help with updating my profile. I'm sure your surgery will go off without a hitch and you'll have great success with long term weightloss thereafter. You are in my thoughts and prayers. Let me know how it goes OK!
julie48186
on 11/3/03 5:14 am - Ruth, NV
Hi Brynda, my name is Juliette. I know exactly where you are. For the last three years I have been living and working in Ely. I would drive to Elko just to go to Walmart's ,so you know I understand where you are coming from. I had my surgery on 12/29/00 and am now down 150 lbs. This past Feb. I left Ely and went back to being a traveling Respiratory Therapist. For the last six months I was in Anchorage Alaska, and I am now in Ahoskie NC which about the size of Elko. The hospital here is about the same size as the one in Elko also. You are at the start of a long and beautiful journey. Trust me, it will all be worth it . There is a support group in Ely that meets once a month. If you email me at [email protected] I will send you the lady's name and number. They also have a newsletter that comes from Salt Lake as part of the group. If I can be of any futher assistance please feel free to contact me at any time. If you like I can send you my number here as well. I still keep Ely as my home base, and return there between each assignment. I hopeall is going well for you after your surgery. Good luck Julie
Most Active