I am in deep mourning!!!

BOBOKITTY
on 12/4/03 1:02 pm - MD
It has finally come to me after all of the wonderful responses I received from my last post. I am in deep mourning. I have loss my best friend. FOOD. It never dawned on me before that I abused food the way I did. I never realized how much I depended on food until now. I find that as soon as I am stressed good or bad I am ready to reach for something to shove in my mouth. So I had to find something else. It is still hard no matter how much I try and divert my attention to something else,but at least it is a start. I bought the Gazelle Elite by Tony Little and now when I am stressed good or bad I HOP on Tony and ride into the sunset. I just wanted to say thank you all so much for your kind words and heartfelt emails. I know this is just the begining for me and that things will get better. I am slowly but surely learning the meaning "Patience is a Virtue". Adrienne
Kimberley W.
on 12/21/03 12:51 am - Henderson, NV
Adrienne, I totally understand everything you are going through. I had RNY(open), January 4th, 1999 and went from 265lbs to 120lbs. I used to bake all the time and go out to breakfast with my friends. I felt almost shut-in sometimes. Then I realized that nothing is different except aside from losing the weight. I can still go out and enjoy myself, instead of going to ihop for pancakes and sausage, we go to Einstiens Bagels and have coffee and a bagel. I have actually found that to be much more satisfing actually. We all sit and relax, talking and laughing, and we get to munch. I also have gotten back into baking now, I have 3 kids and during the holidays we bake up a storm and take it to the fire department and police departments around our area. It makes my kids feel good and it fills that part in me that I thought was gone forever. Just this past week I went to a Christmas party and I nibbled and had a blast, I just did more talking than eating and it didn't bother me abit. You just have to keep telling yourself that you are still the same person inside, you just look different on the outside now. Don't stay in either, that will make it worse believe me, I was there. Go out, have fun...go to the mall, grab a diet soda and do some shopping. Grab a friend and both of you go, stop and get a lite lunch. It makes all the difference in the world. I have also found that doing things around the house makes a huge difference also. I love candles and yummy smells, so I get the real neat candle holders, and oils and bowls filled with potporri and put them around the house, filling the house with wonderful smells. I also bought some fluffy pillows for the bedroom, I have six different types on my bed, and then put tall candle holders around the room, so when I want some peace, I can go relax and feel yummy inside with the surrounding area. I did the same types of things in the bath and the living room. Make your house your space, make it different from before you had the surgery, make it your after surgery home now, your different, so make your house different. You can write me anytime at my personal address if you want. I am in Las Vegas. It's [email protected] Kimberley
Most Active