Dr. Pucci Or Dr's. @ Albany Med?

BarbDahl77
on 3/22/11 4:07 am - Poughkeepsie, NY
VSG on 09/16/14

Hi All ~ 

I live in Dutchess County & I am a self-pay patient for the VSG.  I was wondering if anyone has had any experience with Dr. Pucci in Orange/Rockland county or any of the Dr's out of Albany Medical Center?

I really want to use Dr. Cerabona. I have gotten all my clearances and am "ready" to go. The only thing that is holding me up is that I am just having an extremely hard time with the fee of $20,000.00 for Westchester Medical Center for three days...

And, unfortunately, I am not comfortable with the whole Mexico idea... So I have decided to see what else is out there that might be a little more reasonable, but hopefully, just as good! I have already contacted Dr. Yatco's office @ Lennox Hill and their fee for the sleeve was comparable to WMC's.

Also, I am self-pay due to exclusions on my health insurance at work, so I have no wiggle room to fight/appeal in that area, unfortunately.

Thanks in advance for any help/suggestions/info :)
~ Barb

~*~Barb~*~  VSG Sept. 16, 2014 w\ Dr. Jaime Cepeda of Tri-State Bariatrics!! Living La Vida Low Carb!

hh

debbie13
on 3/22/11 6:20 am - Cossayuna, NY
 I am a patient of the Albany Medical Center Bariatric Group. I am very pleased with the treatment there. I can't say much about the doctors that are currently there. My surgeon passed away last summer and my care has been transferred to Dr. Bonnevile who I will be meeting for the first time tomorrow. He does do the sleeve. I believe Dr. Singh does as well. From what I have heard they are both fantastic doctors. The staff in the office is great. Very efficient and friendly. 

Are you absolutely sure that your insurance has no wiggle room? Sometimes there is misinterpretation of the wording. It may sound like you are not covered when in fact you are. 
BarbDahl77
on 3/24/11 2:16 am - Poughkeepsie, NY
VSG on 09/16/14
Hi, Deb!

Thanks for your response! My condolences on the loss of your surgeon. I remember reading about that on the board last summer. How tragic. How did your appointment go? What did you think of Dr. Bonneville? And, unfortunately, I am very certain there is no wiggle room in my policy. My company designed/wrote their own policy with our health insurance carrier and the language of the policy is, unfortunately, very explicit in its exclusion of any type of weight loss or bariatric procedures/placements. That is what I get for working in the pseudo
-insurance field!

I will be calling AMC shortly to see what they have to say.

~*~Barb~*~  VSG Sept. 16, 2014 w\ Dr. Jaime Cepeda of Tri-State Bariatrics!! Living La Vida Low Carb!

hh

Most Active
Recent Topics