PLEASE READ

Maryellen R.
on 4/21/11 1:20 pm - Sayville, NY

I received a pm from a lap bander who needs our help. She had the lap band done five years ago and is at the weight she started with. She has ulcertive colitice (sp) and is not eligible for the bypass. Her GI said that the sleeve would be a possibility. She doesn't want to do a revision. She said she doesn't want to be cut again. But the health issues she has due to the weight, stops her from living a productive life and although she is in her 40's, she feels like she is in 80 year old body. Is there anyone in our group that has UC or any other bowel disorder that she can touch base with?

PLEASE lets try to help her out.

Maryellen:)

Maryellen
To visit LIPO (Long Island Post Ops) bariatric support group website click here: www.liponation.org

"WLS is a journey, not a destination (don't get comfortable) ... it's a road that we must travel daily to succeed".  Faith Thomas

visit my blog at theessenceofmaryellen.com/

Father Don
on 4/21/11 1:51 pm - Charleston, SC
While there are new techniques that allow a new type of sleeve to be done through trans-esophageal surgery (no cutting necessary - do it like an endoscopy), the band would STILL have to come out - which would require laproscopic surgery through the stomach wall.

Since she doesn't want to do a revision, there are no options really....

Obesity Help Support Group Leader

Rachelena
on 4/25/11 8:21 am - Hicksville, NY
VSG on 10/18/10 with
While I don't have the bowel difficulties this woman does, I can speak as someone who has had both the band and the sleeve and understands what if feels like to have wasted all that time and to be a failure. I know from experience all of the downfalls of the band and I would be happy to talk to this woman. She deserves a chance to feel success and happiness and It's not too late. 

Rachel
516 404 7337

Looking for a great time in NY! Come to the OH Long Island Conference 2011! Use Coupon Code LebowitzNY11 for $30 off and a free t-shirt and tote bag! All proceeds will be donated to the OAC
Bariatric Revisionary

Most Active
Recent Topics