Hudson Valley here.

MKRM0526
on 10/7/13 1:14 pm

Hey Ya'll, I'm Amy and I'm from New Hampton, NY (Near Middletown/ Goshen). I went to my fast track appointment/seminar just to find out that my insurance doesn't cover WLS. I currently have my medical insurance through my ex who lives in Seattle and his company won't cover it. So I'm at a stand still. I need a Hiatal Hernia repaired either way though because I'm so uncomfortable. If I drop his insurance would I be able to apply for Medicaid right away? (I'm pretty sure that he should have dropped me a long time ago (we ended in 2009 and now I have a child with my boyfriend/fience, but he wouldn't drop me without having proof that I had other insurance... but I can't get new insurance without him dropping me)... I'm so confused, and I'm sure you are too now

Mo Diggity
on 10/25/13 3:32 am - poughkeepsie, NY
RNY on 07/03/13

Hey girl :) I noticed your surgeon said you plan on having surgery with Dr Kwon... from Tri State Bariatrics, right ?? I had my RNY surgery with Dr. Weiss in July !!! I usually go to their Fishkill office but I've been to Middletown office also. They are a great team over there :)As for the insurance thing.... if I were you & I wanted off his insurance, maybe I would call that insurance & see what steps I need to take to get off of ex's plan.  I would also call a Medicaid office & ask them how long after you are dropped from his insurance would you be able to apply and how long the process takes to actually be covered by medicaid. Good luck !!!

Maureen Tired of Living my Life in the Dark

Most Active
Recent Topics