Slaped in Face, Kicked in A** and stomped on

iuz2befat
on 10/4/04 2:18 am - BROOKLYN, NY
Good Morning to my extended family I went to my pcp appointment today and this is what happened 1st I went here for 6 years and stoped when I lost my job cause I had no insurance. I started to see another doc and when I decided to have wls he said he woundn't help and assist me. So I searched and searched and one day here on the board I found My old pcp here at oh now I was excited. I was denied 2 xs by insurance they need six month supervise diet so now I made the appointment and got there early cause, you know I am excited and now things will get easier and he will help. Yip yip yippieeeeeee I told him why I came to see him that his name is here on the board as a pcp and I wanted to have wls and he said WHAT? Let me explain we use to have a sugeon here for wls and he left and so did the nutris..... So I asked what does that mean you wont help me with a six month supervised diet he said I have to go to a Nutrisionist for bariatics as I explained I wanted a six month supervised diet from my pcp and that is what is required. So he say you know you have to have alot of testing done before you can have surgery told him I did it already. Ok now he says all you have to really do is excrise and watch what you eat, You lose 50lbs and you will be alright, now I am getting upset and tell him that I am THREE HUNDRED AND FIFTEEN LBS (315), I am more than 145lbs over weight and you are telling me that I should lose 50 lbs and stay over wieght the rest of my life that will make me 265lbs and then I will be OK He also said man made this surgery not god so we don't know what happens inside after the surgery I need he said if you have surgery you will lose wieght and if that is what you want it for ok it will happen but it will not fix everything else I told him it will not give me energy to play with my kids it will not stop my feet and ankles and knees from hurting with out the extra weight, it will not let me breath better instead of being short winded when I walk or clean my house and just everyday little things. He feels wls is not necessary all you have to do is watch what you eat and exercise and thing will get better. wls pateints if they are depressed having surgery is not going to stop depression and it cause other problems. He also said to send him all my paper work and test result and he will give a clearance letter base on what is in the testing, but doesn't agree. Ok NOW WHAT DO I DO NO INSURANCE APPROVAL NO SIX MONTHS DIET NO PCP AND NO SURGERY Is this the end of the line for me, I just don't know, I feel I was slaped in the face by my insurance then kicked in my a** from my insurance and Doc and now today I was just stomped on and crushed so I don't know what I will do next. Thanks for listening, reading and replying. I hope you all have a wonderful day and that this doesn't happen to anyone else cause it causes depression on depression. Christine
Elaine C.
on 10/4/04 3:08 am - Buffalo, NY
I too asked my PCP to consider letting me get WLS over 2 a years ago! He was aginst it! He said all the same things that your PCP said including , if you lose 60lbs ( i was over 125 lbs overweight at the time mind you) You will be married in a year!! I was pritty discouraged. A year later and another 25lbs heavier under his care, now sore knees and back , BP higher than ever I was prepared to switch PCPs to find one that would help me get the WLS I needed. We were switching insurance at work so it was an opertunity to leave gracefully and find a PCP that would help me with this particualr project. I was telling him one day that I had the name of a doctor in this area that did WLS and I still wanted to get it, my PCP asked me if his name was Carauna and I said yes it was! He told me that he had gotten 2 new paitents reciently that had had the WLS with this doctor and that it was all he did and that he has a great program for his paitents at a special facility he had opend. He told me he would refer me and I should go ahead and get the ball rolling. So I did. I can,t dewell on the past but I often think of the trauma my body could have avoided had I gotten this help when I first asked for it, Cant change the past and the path we all take to get where we are going but im sure glad I got here FINNALY! Were I you I would ask other ladies from your area who have gotten the WLS who their PCPs are and how receptive they are to helping ppl get it. Thats what my plan was before my current PCP agreed to help me. It sure cant hurt to ask anyway. Good luck to you! Love Elaine
iuz2befat
on 10/4/04 3:23 am - BROOKLYN, NY
Thanks Elaine I'm happy for you that you finally got a pcp who would work with you and not tourment you about it. in 1 year you will be married what a thing to say to some one but he wasn't helping you to stop being over weight. Glad you had a good out come. I am still waiting and I will look into other pcp. Have a good day. Christine
Evelyn L.
on 10/4/04 3:11 am - Harrison, NY
RNY on 05/20/04 with
Christine, I am so sorry you are going through so much turmoil. I wish there were something I could do to make everything go away Christine keep fighting don't give up! I am right here by your side and I will always be here for you. I have to say I feel this doc should be taken off OH. If he is so against the surgery then why is his name here???? He should have never had his name here in the first place. I know for a fact that for me I did the diets the excercise and oh yeah I did lose weight but before you knew it I gained it back and then more on top of it. Christine this is NOT the end of the line keep fighting please! Don't give up! We are all here to support you in every way we can. Love Evelyn {{{{{{{HUGS}}}}}}}
iuz2befat
on 10/4/04 3:30 am - BROOKLYN, NY
Thanks Ev, I know you are always there and I love you for it, We can do things in life and laugh and when we can't we just cry I haven't total giving up, just brings me down, I know there are other people who need this surgery more than I do but I do want to do things with my kids while they are still young enough to enjoy. Love ya. Christine
Evelyn L.
on 10/4/04 3:42 am - Harrison, NY
RNY on 05/20/04 with
I know what you are saying especially the part about the kids. I am going to call my PCP for you and ask him is he takes your insurance...ok It's GHI right Love ya Girl Evelyn {{{{{{{HUGS}}}}}}}
Mery Martinez
on 10/4/04 4:25 am - ELMHURST, NY
Christine I am sorry you are going through all this, but don't give up. Have faith in God. Fight! Fight! Fight!. My fax machine was kind of crazy, it's working now. I will try and fax the letters to you tonight (around 8pm is that okay?) You know you have our support. Love Mery
iuz2befat
on 10/4/04 4:42 am - BROOKLYN, NY
Thanks Mery I know I have the support here on the board but it is just so darn fustrating and discouraging when it's one thing after the other, I'll hang in there. I'll be home after 9pm tonight and thanks again. Christine
Melissa Mermaid
on 10/4/04 5:55 am - Westbury, NY
Hey Toots ... I feel your pain (literally). Why don't you ask your surgeon if there is a PCP he can recommend to get you past the six-month diet and who takes your insurance? Just a thought ... and many {{{HUGS}}}
iuz2befat
on 10/4/04 7:07 am - BROOKLYN, NY
Thanks Melissa I'm already on it, I e-mailed you the infor. Thanks for your support I know you can relate. Christine
Most Active
Recent Topics