Attention Dr. Artuso Patients Post OP

stacey B.
on 10/4/04 9:34 am - Bronx, NY
Hi I was wondering does everyone have to pay up front money before the WLS and if so how much? Oh yeah, has anybody had any revisions and or complications? Thanks
msmercyme
on 10/4/04 10:39 pm - Yonkers, NY
Good Morning Stacey, I was looking into having surgery with Dr. Artuso, I have heard numerous positive things about him. However, I am going on vacation in January and did not want to start something and then I would be approved around my vacation date. I am looking into it early next year. I have most of my paper work in process and I do go regularly to my PCP, this is a good thing. I have 2 insurance United Health Care and 1199, he accepts both. When I spoke with him he didn't mention anything about me having to pay anything. I guess it depends on what insurance carrier you have, some usually require a copay or they have some type of bill reimbursement, meaning if the bill is $2,000. if you're covered 75% with your insurance you'll have to pay the balance. I would recommend that you call your insurance carrier or speak to your HR person at your job and let them know you are looking into having this surgery and what will your plan cover. Trying going here or select the Bariatric Surgeons section on this board and select Dr. Artuso's name for a little background on him and his patients. http://www.obesityhelp.com/morbidobesity/bariatric+surgeon+profile+Dominick+Artuso+gln.html Hope this helps. If you have any other questions or need help just email me. Mercedes
Most Active
Recent Topics