Youngstown/Warren Support Group!?

MusicBum05
on 5/16/12 3:30 am - Warren, OH
Hello Everyone! I am 10 months out from RNY with Dr. Schauer at the Cleveland Clinic's Bariatric and Metabolic Institute! WOW! What an AMAZING journey!

I am reaching out to folks who have had/ are interested in any type of WLS who live in the Youngstown/Warren area who would be interested in starting a WLS support group/ weight loss advocacy group. This would be in addition to the group support we receive from our respective WLS clinics. A place for us to meet to talk about our success and struggles; to give valuable insight and enjoy the company of folks who can relate to our new AMAZING lives.

If anyone is interested, please leave a comment in the forum. Also, here is my contact information.

Luke Metcalf
[email protected]
ohbearly
on 5/17/12 2:03 am - Mogadore, OH
Revision on 07/31/13
Luke, I am from the Kent area, a little out of your area. Keep me informed of your progress. Meeting on the west side of the Y'town metro area would not be a far drive for me (30-40 minutes).

You might also want to check out the Summa Akron group. It is a great group. I am also a member of a post-op WLS group, http://www.meetup.com/MovinForward/. We have social activities like hikes, dinner out and such. I am also one of the founders of a WLS friendly bicycling club, http://www.spinoffcyclists.com/. It's a lot of fun.

-- Tom

Follow my journey to a happy, healthy, active life at TomBilcze.com 

MusicBum05
on 7/25/12 4:54 am - Warren, OH
 Hi Tom! Thanks for all of the information! I'd LOVE to meet up with you all! I am always looking for folks to meet up with and it is hard because The Cleveland Clinic is such a far drive and the local WLS groups are CLOSED to folks who didn't have WLS at their facility. I LOVE to cycle! Next week I am doing BikeMS, a 150 mile bike ride to raise money for MS research! I will check out those websites and I look forward to meeting up VERY SOON!

Luke.
happymomma307
on 6/28/12 1:54 am - OH
I live in Austintown just had RNY with Dr Schauer on 5/31. I'm just beginning my journey but I could certainly benefit from support!

AMFGMD
on 6/28/12 12:42 pm
I'LL TELL YOU WHAT HAPPYMOMMA307. YOU HAVE ALL OF MY SUPPORT.....
AMFGMD
on 6/29/12 9:43 am
I use to live in warren a long time ago, I've been here in columbus for years now.
MusicBum05
on 7/25/12 4:55 am - Warren, OH
 I private messaged you! Can't wait to chat! :-)
ohbearly
on 7/25/12 5:01 am - Mogadore, OH
Revision on 07/31/13
 There is a support group meeting tonight 7/25 at 6:30 at summa Akron City 55 south arch professional building in the basement meeting rooms. Come and join us. 

Follow my journey to a happy, healthy, active life at TomBilcze.com 

MusicBum05
on 7/25/12 5:08 am - Warren, OH
 I am not even sure how to get there! I will look it up and see how far it is. If I don't make it, I would LOVE to be included next time. :-)
happymomma307
on 6/28/12 2:22 pm - OH
Most Active
Recent Topics
Hello Ohio!
ShanaC · 1 replies · 1104 views
Akron/Cleveland Folk
Daniel B. · 0 replies · 1483 views
Fresh Start Bariatric
Sassylike · 1 replies · 2367 views
Looking for Dr.
Beantowngal2 · 0 replies · 2268 views