9 yrs and counting

brendagold
on 7/3/12 10:15 am - Goshen, OH
Hi Everyone!!  been soooo long that I had forgotten my pass word and how this thing works..lol
I attended a party Saturday evening where I ran in to a friend who had surgery..she asked me if I ever get on this site..I just don't have the time these days between my 6 grandchildren (4 and under)..very busy stressful job.  and both my kids graduating with a masters this year..My daughter from University of Cincinnati and my son from Harvard....
9 yrs ago in June I had RNY bypass surgery..10 yrs ago I was sure I would never see any of the above mentioned, I knew I was going to die..  My surgeon left the area not long after my surgery, so I often considered myself a WLS orphan.  I have changed so much over the years.  seen and experienced much.  some I am so proud of and much very difficult ...I lost both my parents to lung cancer..two cousins to breast cancer ..very difficult times..more surgery a year and a half ago .
I have been ask how I have done so well over the years..well I back up once in awhile and ask myself if the path I am taking is the one I am happy with...  Did I set myself up for failure?..a very good friend told me once...you may not be able to control what is going on around you...but always remember only YOU can control the way you handle it...soooo true.
good luck folks and don';t give anyone else credit for your success...you work to hard to give that to a doctor..friend or family member..YOU CAN DO THIS!!!.
See ya all when I celebrate 10 yrs ...next year..lol 
oh and can anyone tell me how to change a surgeons name in your profile..I have looked and looked I can figure it out..it's been way to long..;;
butterflyfree
on 7/6/12 2:19 pm - cincinnati, OH
Hi brenda.  It is so good to hear from you.  thanks for visiting me when I had my surgery in 2007 at deaconess.  would enjoy taking more.  Pauline inne
brendagold
on 7/11/12 10:33 am - Goshen, OH
sure email me anytime    [email protected]
Most Active
Recent Topics
Hello Ohio!
ShanaC · 1 replies · 1106 views
Akron/Cleveland Folk
Daniel B. · 0 replies · 1483 views
Fresh Start Bariatric
Sassylike · 1 replies · 2367 views
Looking for Dr.