New Here

Amabory
on 8/24/12 12:49 pm
Not sure if this is the right place to be posting. I have been in forums in the past where they say " Your posting in the wrong sections, or go here and someone can help you " Even if that is the case I totally understand and would like to be directed to the right place.

I'm just looking for friends all around the world who are currently being set for there surgery day. The other day I found out that my Insurance company does cover the wls which is UnitedHeathcare. And Right now I have a appointment set to meet with my surgeon in the beginning of next month. There I will be told if I am a wls candidate. I'm so nerveous and I can't even think straight sometimes. I keep waking up wishing it was the 5th of september. has anyone ever had this problem before?

I'm so anxious that I can't even think straight. @____@;; lol
Anyways, a little about me.
I'm twenty-two years of age,
and I am currently 312.
I'm interested in the RNY Gastic Bypass Surgery.
And I am currently waiting for my surgeon to tell me If I am a candidate or not.

The small downside to it all is, that if I do qualify my isurance company wants me to do a 6 month program of dieting/exercise. Has anyone else had to do this with there isurance company? if so, would you be so kind as to explain to me what happen?
I keep thinking if I stick with the program for 6 months Ill lose some weight and then they won't let me do the surgery. I've been on countless diet and yes I have lost but have gained it all back plus more.
The biggest diet I was on that I lost 51lbs on, was the Hcg Prototcal.
It was the best at first but then I had a gallbladder problem which got removed and then came the depo-shot and then came my weight all back around again plus more.
It was then the following year I tried to get back on and just couldn't do it.
So now I am looking into WLS surgery.

I would love to make new friends for my journey so please don't be afraid to contact me. Please give me your knowledge, tips, pointers, stories. I'd love to listen.

I hope this wasn't to much, thank you so much for reading. :)

jsunflower2001
on 8/26/12 5:54 pm - Solon, OH
VSG on 12/11/12
Hi I am jodi and I am going in for the Sleeve in either december or january! I was supposed to go in this summer but had knee surgery so they pushed it back to make sure i was able walk after surgery! I am excited and past being scared! I am in cleveland and having my surgery done at parma general hospital.

“There are only two options regarding commitment; you’re either in or you’re out. There’s no such thing as life in-between.? ~Pat Riley

Amabory
on 8/26/12 11:48 am, edited 8/26/12 11:49 am

Wow jodi, congratz on your up coming surgery.
Im glad your knee is doing better. I actually have been having a small time with my knee to.
but it's not a constant thing. So Ill have to make sure to talk to my surgeon about it.
Im happy to know your so brave. My surgery will be hopefully sometime in march or april. So im really excited. But thats only if i qualify, i wont no if I do until the beginning of next month. So im freaking out a little about that. I'm trying to have the gastic bypass done.

Did you have to do the six month assesment diet/exercise thing? if so how did you do? and how was it? My current insurance company which is united heathcare is going to make me do it.
I'm really nervous about that, but people have been telling me the 6 months will fly right by.

Bucketta
on 9/2/12 8:04 am
 I have had RNY surgery and am from KY but I do read the Ohio board from time to time.  There is no way you won't qualify unless you have a severe medical problem that would keep you from havning the surgery.  Even at that you can find doctors that take high risk cases an you will be fine.  Most all insurance companies require a 6 month diet.  All they want to do is see that you can lose, I think you just have to lose a few pounds for them to clear you for the surgery, I do know you can't gain while on the pre-op diet.  Your doctor will tell you more about that.  If you are just starting to have problems with your knee you probably will be fine and once you lose your weight or even some of it, that will probably clear up.  

Don't worry about it though, this is the first step towards the rest of your life.  You may want to go to the main board for those that have had or are planning on having RNY surgery, here's the link,  www.obesityhelp.com/forums/rny/  I think you will find out more there and will also meet more going to have the surgeries.  Be sure and read about all the different types of surgeries though so you know that you are a good fit for RNY.  Your doctor should also help you with this.  

Jacqueline 
 RNY 1/24/11

Most Active
Recent Topics
Hello Ohio!
ShanaC · 1 replies · 1109 views
Akron/Cleveland Folk
Daniel B. · 0 replies · 1488 views
Fresh Start Bariatric
Sassylike · 1 replies · 2371 views
Looking for Dr.
Beantowngal2 · 0 replies · 2272 views