Chlysta's Program

ShariB
on 11/10/12 9:47 am - North East, OH

Anyone here go to Dr. Chlysta at Akron General?

He did my emergency Lap-Band removal last year and I'm considering him for a VSG now. What is his program like? If I remember correctly, from  five years ago, there is a large program fee and the decision to perform surgery was based upon your ability to follow program rules. Program rules included using their protein and vitamins and using their gym for exercise. 

I have scheduled to attend an informational seminar in December. I was hoping to get some info before then, I'm anxious to get started. :)

Thanks,

Shari

lisamomofboys
on 11/13/12 10:58 am - OH
A friend of mine was sleeved last January and has lost over 90 lbs and another friend is on track for a January 2013 date. Both very happy...not sure about fees though and so much of the program depends on insurance requirements.

Best of luck!
ohbearly
on 11/20/12 11:06 am - Mogadore, OH
Revision on 07/31/13

Wow! I read yopur blog. You lapband issue was scary. I have Lapband and had it put on in July 2008. I am doing fine but am always fearful of something happening. I had surgery at Summa and highly recommend it. They have a fantastic WLS center and great people. Good luck with your upcoming surgery. - Tom

Follow my journey to a happy, healthy, active life at TomBilcze.com 

ShariB
on 11/20/12 12:52 pm - North East, OH

I am planning on going back to Chlysta, just because he knows what kind of scar tissue, etc. he will have to deal with.

The scariest part of that entire episode - I was so sick, I didn't even know I was knocking on death's door.  After the fact, I learned that 1 in 4 patients that develop septic shock do not survive! indecision

I never experienced any symptoms of a band slip or erosion - no change in restriction, no port pain or infection.  If you can, I recommend an endoscope every year.  If I had had a routine endoscope, or one when the CT scan first showed fluid around the port tubing, I never would have gotten so sick. 

I loved my band and wish I could have it back.

karismommy231
on 12/28/12 12:00 am
VSG on 11/05/12
Dr. Zografakis at Summa (Akron City) Bariatric Center is beyond wonderful. I highly suggest going to him!!!!!!

HW: 235, SW: 227, CW: 152.0, 83 lbs lost since 10/22/12 --Fear less, hope more, eat less, chew more, whine less, breathe more, talk less, say more, hate less, love more, and good things will be yours.

big42long
on 12/30/12 8:48 pm - OH
I agree! The entire team at Summa Akron City is wonderful. I see Dr Dan and would highly recommend them to anyone.

big42long
on 11/27/12 7:50 am - OH
He actually did a sleeve on me in may of this year. They do want you to purchase their protein powder (unjury) and vitamins. I had complications from the sleeve that he couldn't fix. I got another opinion and the only way that surgeon could "fix" me was a revision to RNY.

Most Active
Recent Topics
Hello Ohio!
ShanaC · 1 replies · 1109 views
Akron/Cleveland Folk
Daniel B. · 0 replies · 1486 views
Fresh Start Bariatric
Sassylike · 1 replies · 2370 views
Looking for Dr.
Beantowngal2 · 0 replies · 2272 views