Diane is in hospital and it's her BIRTHDAY!!! call her!!!

jan135
on 1/29/09 1:49 am, edited 1/30/09 11:39 pm
Hi,   as some of you know Diane  need2lose from Sudbury is in Humber Hospital and will likely be there for at least another week.
Diane has an abscess that is leaking, thankfully not her stomach or bowel. 
She would love visitors or phone calls, her husband has to head back to Sudbury so she will be alone.  They have her in isolation because she has been in a US hospital, she can have visitors you just have to put a gown on, no mask or gloves though.

The hospital # is (416) 744-2500 ext 7229      room 517

I warned her she might be bombarded with calls or visitors but she said that's OK she'd love a party.

Jillian W.
on 1/29/09 2:04 am - Garson, Canada
Oh Janet, thanks for this ~ when I spoke to her husband last night, I assumed he meant a gastric leak and I've been kinda weepy and blue since speaking with him.  I'm sorry if I lead you astray with my info!

They been through HELL and my heart just breaks for them, but I thank God it's not the worst-case-scenario that I thought it was!  I hope that people down that way can get in to see her and that many of us can keep her spirits up by phone. 

As most of you will remember, this poor lady jumped through mega-hoops and fought like hell to have the surgery of choice.  She has proven herself a really brave person for what she went through, so let's support & encourage her the best we can when she's going through such a hard time, far away from home and now without the comfort of her (wonderful!!!) hubby. I'm not much of a prayer, but my daughter is and she said a prayer for Diane & her family this morning.  Let's all send whatever we can, prayers, vibes, swinging poultry, etc. her way so she can feel the OH love.

Thanks Janet, as always, you're such a wonderful support and I appreciate all you do here!!

Hugs,
Jillian 

anitak
on 1/29/09 4:22 am - St. Catharines, Canada
I spoke to Diane yesterday and she seemed to be in good spirits (even though they were about to inject her full of dye!!).

I think that this is one of the best places, ever!! The OH family can be so wonderful and supportive. Let's show Diane how much we care!! Of course she may not always be up to talking so please remember to ask her when she answers the phone!!!

Anita

My angels are Sharon (MDwife) and Nancy K.!!   I am so blessed!

Height- 5'6",  highest weight-274 (BMI-43.9)
jan135
on 1/29/09 12:05 pm
bump

Jillian W.
on 1/30/09 1:36 am - Garson, Canada

bump

Also just wanted to let people know that tomorrow (Saturday) is Diane's birthday.  It'd probably mean the world to her to get flooded with birthday wishes!

Jillian

jan135
on 1/30/09 11:40 pm
bump

Most Active
Recent Topics