Next week...

valleygirl50
on 3/24/11 3:32 am - Canada
yikes one week from today....next week this time it will be all over....nerves are starting to set in.....but super excited....cant wait!!!!  question.....how soon after surgery did you start your vitimans....do we need to bring them to the hosptial?
Moselle
on 3/24/11 3:47 am - Athens, Canada

Congratulations - it's all very exciting!  They start you on your vitamins right away, but you don't need to take any medication to the hospital they will give you everything you need there.  They even crush up the pills for you so they are easier to swallow.

Don't be nervous, it will be over in no time and you will be joining us on the bench.

Take care and best wishes for an easy surgery and quick recovery.

"Success is the sum of small efforts, repeated day in and day out." -Robert Collier
Join Kingston Ontario WLS Support Group - Online @ OH 

HW: 267         SW: 248       GW:155       LW: 132      CW: 143-148      

Panja
on 3/24/11 4:01 am - kingston, Canada
Congrats!! As Moselle said they will take care of all your meds, they don't allow you to take your own!! By the way, they didn't tell me this, but it ended up costing me $300.00 for the prevacid medication for acid reflux they want you to take, the 10 days of injecting yourself with blood thinner, the milk of mag. and the tylenol. I had no idea until my husband came back from the pharmacy and said that cost $300...I was like what?? At the info sessions they only say it will be the blood thinner meds at $80.00, wrong. I just wanted to let you know so you aren't shocked like I was. The prevacid and the blood thinner are manditory. Also if you get your prescription sent to Costco once back here in Kingston it will only cost $28.85 for the prevacid instead of $90.00. I hope that makes sense. Good luck!! YOu'll do great...
Joyce J.
on 3/24/11 4:41 am - Scarborough, Canada
Hi there

Congrats. It is normal to be nervous. It can be an emotional roller coaster.
You will do well. Keep us posted

Joyce----Today is the first day of the rest of your life

Rhonda00
on 3/24/11 4:46 am - Canada
thanks girls...thanks panja for the info!!!
jdance
on 3/24/11 5:29 am - Canada
depending on where you are getting your surgery will depend on what they allow you to do.

Guelph for instance don't want you to take any vitamins (that's what i was told), couldn't start them for 2 months post op. And i wasn't on any blood thinners after going home so there was no cost.

Ask your surgeon once he visits post op.

Congratulations, it's almost time.

We'll make room on the bench for you.

Most Active
Recent Topics