Question about my sleep study tonight

Elisabeth G.
on 4/6/11 11:28 pm - Windsor, Canada
 Things I forgot to ask can I bring my own pillow and blanket I can kind of picky.  Will they let me sleep with my mp3 player on?

MisterDiminishing
on 4/6/11 11:33 pm - Windsor, Canada
Yes you can bring your own pillow and blanket.

The MP3 player might interfere with some of the sensors and cords so you may have to take that off before you fall to sleep.

Maria D.
on 4/6/11 11:42 pm
Ditto MrDiminishing's advice above.  I would like to add though that you might want to take ear plugs as, as it can get noisy at times just outside your room because of the monitoring going on.  Good luck tonight!

Maria

Referral sent Apr 26 2010 Sleep Clinic May 20 2nd Referral send June 2  Orient6ation Nov 25 1st appts. Mar 09, 2011 Internist appt Apr 01  2nd appts Nov 15 Nut Class Dec 13

trudylam
on 4/6/11 11:44 pm - Sudbury, Canada
I brought my blackberry and listened to music with that.  They told me to bring whatever I wanted, including a bedtime snack if I was so inclined.  Bring a bottle of water with you, you can't get up for a drink easily and if it's in the hospital it will be dry in there.  I kept it tucked under the egde of my pillow so I could get at it easier.  You can look at my pictures in my profile to see what you'll look like once they have you wired.  It ain't pretty! LOL

MisterDiminishing
on 4/6/11 11:50 pm - Windsor, Canada
Will you be having the sleep study at Dr. Denys' clinic near Hotel Dieu Hospital? It's pretty quiet there at night. This sleep clinic does not share space with other disciplines. I found it pretty comfortable.

Elisabeth G.
on 4/6/11 11:52 pm - Windsor, Canada
 That is where I am going 

MisterDiminishing
on 4/6/11 11:57 pm - Windsor, Canada
Great!   You'll be fine.   They are good people there.   If I remember correctly all but two bedrooms have private washrooms.   I was in one with an ensuite washroom.   I didn't see or hear a soul all night except the technician I had to call in once.    

Elisabeth G.
on 4/7/11 12:00 am - Windsor, Canada
 Thank you for the reasurance

Re-DiscoveringMe
on 4/7/11 12:03 am

One thing you should know before you go is that they put some sort of sugary paste in your hair where they attach the sensors. It's takes a thorough hair washing to get it out. The place I went to had a shower but I don't know that they all do.

MisterDiminishing
on 4/7/11 12:20 am - Windsor, Canada
Dr. Denys' clinic has showers as well.   I opted to get dressed and go home for my shower though.

Most Active
Recent Topics