Long time - no talk

tkilby
on 4/8/11 1:18 pm
 You hear so many people say how important it is to be in a support group - to stay close to the people who've had WLS to help keep you on track.  Well, I struggle to meet and make connections with people which means I quickly fell off the support group "band wagon".  
I'm 10months post op and for the last month, have completely fell off my journey.  I do not dump on any type of food so over the past month, I've pretty much eaten anything and everything.  Thankfully, I haven't gained any weight but I also have lost any and I am FAR away from my goal.
So, I've learned my lesson and here I am back and hoping to connect again to help me back on track to reach my goals.  And hopefully this will strike a chord for those who think they can do it on their own - Don't try it - it is a much more pleasant journey knowing you have friends and support - even on a message board!!!!
I'll be talking with you all again - often!!!!

nanpet
on 4/8/11 5:03 pm - Brampton, Canada
Hey, I am 2 and 1/2 years out. I still need the suport of newbies. I find that food is still my comfort, so I have to make decisions on what is ok. Protien is ok. I have to know this. Cheese, Tuna, Salman, etc is ok.
I have had plastics on my panni but I still have to work the program.

birdiegirl
on 4/8/11 8:13 pm
Hijack - Hey Nancy - great to see you posting - hope you are well and have fully recovered from your surgery

Barb

nanpet
on 4/9/11 5:19 am - Brampton, Canada
Hey Barb.  Yep, it's been a busy winter, all is well now.  Thanks for asking.
Nancy PMy Angel is Darlene (Dardar)
Start 281,  Start Optifast 257, 
SW 242, 
Current 151
39 lbs lost pre surg.

Monica M.
on 4/8/11 8:49 pm - Penetanguishene, Canada
glad to see you back. I hope you find the support you need. Do you ahve an actual, in person support group as well?

molly58
on 4/8/11 10:23 pm
Hi. I have been thinking of sending you message of encouragement  lately. You have my support on your journey  and when it is my turn I know that you will be there for me.  We are not alone. Molly
tkilby
on 4/8/11 10:52 pm
Thanks ladies - I have a great group in Ottawa but to be honest, have been embarrassed to go since my weight loss had stalled. I see so many people in the group who had the surgery after me who is doing so well, at it reminded me that I wasn't so I just stopped going. But thankfully, a wonderful person reached out to me to help me see the importance of participating in support opportunities.

birdiegirl
on 4/8/11 11:09 pm
Yes support is so important - and you are not a year out yet and have time to get back on track and lose the rest....hang in there

Karen M #2
on 4/8/11 11:42 pm, edited 4/8/11 11:46 pm - Ottawa, Canada
RNY on 04/20/10 with
Hi Tracy! I'm so glad to see you posting! You are doing AMAZING and I greatly admire your perseverence! Keep on keepin' on!

ETA: YOU ARE doing well, and some of those people who had surgery after you either hadn't been obese for a long time or had less to lose (doesn't make their jouney less important, just different). I have had a LOT to lose and sometimes get down on myself about that too, but I have to keep reminding myself that we are all in different places, different weights, different situations and I wouldn't trade places with anybody else. :)

HW-328/SW-309/CW-163/GW-160
Success is the sum of small efforts repeated day in and day out.  - Robert Collier

Follow me on Twitter!: Karen_M_2

tkilby
on 4/9/11 2:19 am
Thanks Karen - I really appreciate the kind words....and BTW, you look AMAZING!!!! 
Most Active
Recent Topics