OT..where to find Canadian Coupons ..the definitive list !

poppy1
on 4/8/11 5:38 am - Toronto, Canada
Now, this post is most likely old news for a lot of you, but I know there are also a lot of people who feel lost on where to find coupons when they decide they would like to start couponing! 

So, here goes, the ultimate “Where to Find Canadian Coupons" list:

• At the grocery store and department stores – You will find pads of coupons near a promoted product. For example, I find a lot of these “tearpad" coupon in my local Zellers, Save-On Foods and Shoppers Drug Mart.  Also look throughout the stores to find product displays with calendars and booklets that also contain coupons.  Here’s a post I did on all the coupons I found on a “coupon hunting" trip I did!
  • In newspapers – There are two nationally distributed coupon flyers – Redplum and Smart Source. They’re distributed about once a month. Expect to find coupons for national brands like Tide, Pampers, Arm & Hammer, etc.   Here is a post I did on the 2011 coupon insert schedule and a post I did on which newspapers you can find the coupon inserts in.
  • In Magazines – look for Canadian coupons in the Clip n’ Save booklet with your Canadian magazines such as Canadian Living or Homemakers.  Or simply just on a page with an advertisement!
  • Online printable – Many companies offer coupons that you can immediately print right from your own printer, cut it out and take to your local stores.  Check out the giant list of printable coupons I have available on Simply Frugal!
  • Online ordered – some companies run promotions where they mail coupons (for free product, or money off) to you via Canada Post.  As these coupon become available, I post about them here on simply Frugal so you don’t miss out. There are also companies like Save.ca, Brandsaver.ca, Websaver.ca and GoCoupons.ca that mail out coupons that you order from their sites. (Again you’ll find brands such as Pampers, Sunlight, Betty Crocker, Cover Girl, etc) These services are completely free!
  • On or In product packaging – You can find coupons on specially marked boxes or packages that may be used for future purchases.  Currently there is a Kellogg’s Wake up to Free Breakfast promotion found on select Kellogg’s products and coupons for free ice cream found on select General Mills products!
  • Mailing lists – join Mailing lists of the companies that you often buy from, if they have one. When you sign up online, make sure to check the box that asks if you would like to have special coupons and offers sent to you, but only if it is a company you would like coupons from!  I also recommend having a separate email address for signing up for things like this, you wouldn’t want to clutter up your personal email!
  • Email your favourite companies - If you have a favourite product, there absolutely no harm in emailing or calling that particular company asking if they have any coupons available to mail to you!  Many companies are very willing to send coupons your way if you only ask!
Have fun

Linda x
(deactivated member)
on 4/8/11 6:04 am - Toronto, Canada
Thanks so much for the web links.  I only knew about save.ca!
SandpaperSandy
on 4/8/11 6:23 am - Kitchener, Canada
I am glad you posted this web.  I often wondered how to get more coupons.

Have you come across any large freebies  like the free book offer from a while ago?
Santiago1
on 4/8/11 8:13 am - Canada
thanks so much for this information and the links Linda. I did not have any of it! Very useful.

cheers,
Joy
Sharvanne
on 4/8/11 8:30 am - Canada
 Thank you so much for sharing!
Highest Weight - 372 (May 2010)
Surgery Weight - 332.6 (March 4, 2011)
Current Weight - 212.9
Goal Weight - 175
debralight
on 4/8/11 9:47 am - Canada
 You can also do a search on yahoo groups for "coupon trading canada" and find groups there that do coupon trading. Not all coupons are released in all markets so this can be a good source. 

Two good websites are smartcanucks.ca and frugalshopper.ca - they have active forums and you can learn the techniques and how to really shop coupons, price match and get the best deals. 

when I was really doing  this well I routinely saved over 10% on my food bill and sometimes closer to 20% - on average. 

It does take work, diligence and organization. A good size pantry and a deep freeze don't hurt. 

The real key though is not getting sucked in. If you wouldn't normally buy it its not a deal no matter how cheap you get it (other than free and then its a great donation to the food bank). Also lots of crap food has coupons out there to entice you - crap is crap .. and really unless you are getting it to donate or want to feed your loved ones junk -- well its not a deal. Also you need to know your prices. Not all sales, even with a coupon are a good deal. 
Sometimes the best support  you can get isn't all purple puddles and pink rainbows.

mermaidoz
on 4/8/11 10:49 am - Canada
Thank you Poppy!
tricia lynch
on 4/11/11 3:34 pm - thorold, Canada
also you can go to www.save.ca  they send you coupons you check off the list i been with them forever
Most Active
Recent Topics