Flu or Mad Tummy?

KelliT
on 4/10/11 11:42 pm
Saturday night I went out with friends to celebrate birthdays, I had 1/3 of a woodys grapefruit alcohol cooler, and was in and out of the bathroom sick as sick for about an hour then the stomach pains stopped and I felt OK, I woke up Sunday morning feeling "hung over"', which I half expected because I was up really late and you don't have to drink to feel that way, so I napped most of the day, felt tired and tummy was upset all day, the kind of upset where you don't want to eat but you need to eat, so I managed to get a cup of soup down, and later a few pieces of peaches. Today I am not as tired but still the tummy thing, I got a couple of pieces of peaches down but the thought of eating still makes me feel nauseated.  I am 4 months out.

Joyce J.
on 4/10/11 11:46 pm - Scarborough, Canada
Hi there

You could have dumped on the Woody's. Not sure how long a dumping session can last.
Very unusual to vomit when you have the flu after gastric bypass unless there is something in your pouch. If it is that you are just feeling nauseated then very likely you have  a flu bug.
Get rest, drink water

Take care

Joyce----Today is the first day of the rest of your life

jdance
on 4/11/11 12:15 am - Canada
Shame on you for drinking just 4 months out.  (saying this tongue in cheek) OK I did the same thing.
Woodys has alot of sugar I would think, i stay away from those things.
It sounds to me like your pouch doesn't like the alcohol period.
It's possible you could have both things going on at the same, stomach flu and dumping, but i'm no doctor. They say no alcohol for 6 months because your liver is working really hard because of the huge weight loss and it stresses the liver more with the alcohol.

But I'm no doctor.

take care.

(deactivated member)
on 4/11/11 12:55 am, edited 4/11/11 12:56 am - Canada
Let's see a carbonated, alcoholic beverage with a lot of citric acid and citrus juice in it 4 months after surgery.

Hmmm...carbonated beverage - not supposed to have PERIOD after RNY surgery.
Alcohol - not supposed to drin****il at least 6 months after surgery, plus it tends to affect people differently (ie as if it were stronger) after surgery.
Citrus juice - not supposed to drin****il at least 6 months after surgery (due to fiber, citric acid and carb count).
Citric acid - supposed to avoid as much as possible, your stomach is still healing and producing acid like a trouper, this would be like pouring gasoline on a forest fire to put it out.
High in carbs (from the alcohol and citrus juice)...

Yup, I'd say it was too much for your stomach to handle after 4 months out...dumping indeed.
Leanne1
on 4/11/11 1:14 am - Newmarket, Canada
Totally agree with Myke!!

Waaayyyyyy too much sugar, carbs, carbonation in those drinks. Definately NOT worth the "empty" calories at this stage of your journey! It will definitely slow down your weightloss Kelli

BELOW GOAL        Happily maintaining 4.5 years out!!   Life is GREAT!!!  Had my plastic surgery! 

KelliT
on 4/11/11 2:06 am
Exacltly what I have been saying to myself for the past 48 hours, I guess like a kid you have to stick your finger in the socket to prove to yourself you'll get a shock! or a really sore tummy.

Most Active
Recent Topics