How much shuld I be having?

kelkie11
on 4/17/11 4:10 am - Canada
Hi,

I have been writing down everything that I eat....and today I was wondering how many calories I should be having at this point. I am almost 2 months out. I logged in what I ate today and it is approx 500 calories.

Should I be having more or less? so confused. this is an example of what I am eating today.

B- Isofemme protein shake made with skim milk
S- Strawberry Yogurt
L- 4 saltines, tuna, 10 almonds
S- peach fruit cup packed in water
D- 1.5 oz of chicken and 2 tbsp mashed potatoes, salsa
S- dunno yet

Thanks

HW 276 SW 265  CW 164.8
June 1, 2010 referral sent to St Joe's Hamilton
August 9th, 2010 Orientation
October 27th, 2010 - Meeting with Nurse,Dietician, Social Worker, ECG (no sleep study required)
November 3rd, 2010- Ultrasound
November 18, 2010- Meeting with the Internist
December 14th- Meet the surgeon
December 23rd- Education Class
January 14th- Scope - was supposed to be Dec 17th but got changed.   : (
SURGERY DATE- FEBRUARY 26 2011

3littlepigs
on 4/17/11 4:53 am

Looks close to what I'm eating too.  But I add Bran buds to my yogurt everytime.  And Guelph doesn't want us to drink our protien so brekkie is usually greek yogurt,fruit with bran buds on top.  Snack is always protien based (otherwise I struggle to get enough in).  If you find your weight loss is a little slow you may have to increase calories.  I find most meals are around 200 calories and snacks are 50-100 for me.
Donna

ToNewBeginnings
on 4/17/11 5:41 am
At St. Joes in Hamilton you don't have to count calories.
60 grams of protein every day is the main focus right now. 
(you probably have a list of the protein examples given to you by the dietician).
I know I used to wonder if I was doing the right thing when I read about others and the very specific amounts they eat and some people are "anti-carbs ever!" I had a hard time with this at first thinking I couldn't be doing things right, becaus my program seemed much more basic/less instructional, but when you think about it "normal" weight people eat carbs. and don't normally count calories....and that 's what we want to live like right?...at least I do anyway.
 I eat at least 60 grams of lean protein a day,  I'm conscious to choose low sugar -low fat foods and  I get in my water and that's basically it.
Quinns_mommy
on 4/17/11 5:47 am
I haven't had my surgery yet (just over 3 weeks to go!), but your list looks a lot like the examples handed out by the RD at HRRH. The only thing is that they say we aren't allowed to have any nuts for at least a year! We are allowed to drink our protein with shakes etc... Sorry if I wasn't more help, but it looks like you are doing great!

Keep it up :) 

My angels are sam1am and Joyce J. :)  
yvonnemm2010
on 4/17/11 8:00 am - Canada
I was only eathing 600 calories and then upped it to 700 this weekend and lost 2 pounds. I went to a support group meeting today and another woman said she was like me - was eating 600 calories and her nut told her to increase to 800. When she did that she started losing again. That could be the problem. I know we are told not to track calories but I think I needed that extra boost. It seems to have worked for my weight loss and my constipation.

Monica M.
on 4/17/11 8:16 am - Penetanguishene, Canada
the dietitian told me i'm supposed to be getting in 100g of protein a day (its based on your weight). I've been having about 600 - 900 calories a day.

Most Active
Recent Topics