Is it possible ?

gaelicgirl68
on 4/22/11 2:19 am, edited 4/22/11 2:36 am - Mississauga, Canada
Hello all
Just want to get some feedback about this. I am 16 and ahalf months post op from RNY. I have dropped from 280lbs pre surgery to 150lbs, I am now at a weight which is good but since I am only 5 foot 2 inches I am still technically overweight.....about a 27.5 BMI......I am wearing a med top and a size 6/8 pants....no too shabby really...For some reason my body seems to really like this weight as I don't think I have really lost anything in about 2-3 months Is it possible that my body has reached where it feels it needs to be ?????...I was really aiming for my personal goal of 125lbs . I am eating the same as I have been but not exercising too much but I am not sitting around or anything. I am not unhappy but was still aiming to get more weight off...There is of course alot of hanging skin so that might count for at least 10lbs of extra weight with no purpose. At some point i would explore a tummy tuck but for now its too soon. Does anyone have any advice or insight they would like to share with me ...I would love to hear from anyone it would be appreciated
Thanks Cathie

GaelicGirl68

Diminishing Dawn
on 4/22/11 4:44 am - Windsor, Canada
The closer you get to your goal, the harder it will be, the slower the weight will come off. Yes it is possible to still lose weight. You'll just have to be extremely patient! Keep doing what you are doing, if you aren't yet add some weight work.

I highly suggest getting down as close to goal (or under preferrably) to allow yourself some year 2/3 bounceback that may come.  I went to my goal and didn't make room for that and felt like I shot myself in the foot. 

Good luck and keep strong!

Dawn

17+ years post op RNY. first year blog here or My LongTimer blog. Tummy Tuck Dr. Matic 2014 -Ohip funded panni Windsor WLS support group.message me anytime!
HW:290 LW:139 RW: 167 CW: 139

Karen M.
on 4/22/11 7:31 am - Mississauga, Canada
Hey Cathie,

My lowest weight was met around my 3 year mark - I continued losing 'til then, so it is possible sure. I think our bodies have a "comfortable weight" and they rest there.

K. xo

PS - coffee on the 28th

Karen

Ontario Recipes Forum - http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/ontario_recipes/

ericaFG
on 4/22/11 8:25 am - Cambridge, Canada
I've had this conversation lots with the "veterans".

Here's what I think. When we get to a certain weight, we get comfortable. We think we are eating and acting the same, and yet something changes. Our weight loss stops.

I thought that. Then slowly this winter my weight crept up a bit. 150, 155, 160...ouch!

So two weeks ago I started tracking on My Fitness Pal on my phone. Weighing and measuring. Counting every bite.

SURPRISE!! things had changed. My portion sizes had crept up a bit. I was "grazing" more than eating meals - which ended up overall being less calories even though it seemed like just a little food. I had added a few calories into my drinks - non dairy creamer, SF hot chocolate, a bit of real juice with my crystal light..and I had given myself permission to "cheat" just a little too often.

All this added up to significantly more calories than I needed to maintain my weight.

I don't think you have a set weight - you have just gotten comfortable. If you really want to hit goal, well, you know what to do!!
Proud Member of the Cambridge Crew!    
HW293/LW147/CW158   Height 5'9"  Working on Maintenance!
Fleur de lis TT and Brachioplasty - Oct. 19, 2010 Breast reduction and scar revision August 2, 2011

ericaFG
on 4/22/11 8:26 am - Cambridge, Canada
Oh and I forgot to say -in two weeks I've lost 7lbs.
Proud Member of the Cambridge Crew!    
HW293/LW147/CW158   Height 5'9"  Working on Maintenance!
Fleur de lis TT and Brachioplasty - Oct. 19, 2010 Breast reduction and scar revision August 2, 2011

Karen M.
on 4/22/11 8:26 am - Mississauga, Canada
For many this may be true, yes.  I don't think it's so for everyone.

Karen

Ontario Recipes Forum - http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/ontario_recipes/

ToNewBeginnings
on 4/23/11 12:41 am
Cathie, ultimately  it's up to you if you wish to continue losing. You sound like you are content with your current weight. . If you do wish to lose some more I think you should be able to do so.
I think tracking what you eat might help.
Good Luck.
Most Active