Hi

Karen T.
on 5/19/11 11:37 pm - Canada
Thanks Monica.  
I love the advice.  I will look for a support group, I hope there is one.  

Monica M.
on 5/19/11 11:48 pm - Penetanguishene, Canada
i'm sure there is a listing for support groups somewhere on this website. You can use that search window in the upper right hand corner of the website to search for things. I will say that, without a doubt, my support group is thing i've found most helpful in my journey. (this group is another thing i love). Looking and using the supports that are out there is what's made the difference for me in this journey. i used to think i could do it on my own. Now i know its not weak to ask for help.

Monica

charm64
on 5/19/11 10:51 pm - Cambridge, Canada
 Welcome Karen,

Best wishes on your surgery and a speedy recovery.

My Surgery is May 24th.  So busy I'm not too nervous yet, I am grumpy though lol.

Char

Char
Dr. Reed
VSG May 24/2011

Karen T.
on 5/19/11 11:39 pm - Canada
Good luck on your surgery Char.
  I hope you have a speedy recovery as well. 
Keep me posted on your results please.  

trudylam
on 5/19/11 11:30 pm - Sudbury, Canada
Hi Karen!  This board is great!  There are so many friendly, helpful and supportive people here.  I am having my surgery on May 30th too but I will be in Hamilton.  Best of luck to you, see you on the other side. LOL
Trudy

Karen T.
on 5/19/11 11:43 pm - Canada
That's great Trudy that we are having our surgery on the same day as each other. 
We will have to compare notes  lol
See ya on the losers bench.  Best of luck to you.

Monica M.
on 5/19/11 11:51 pm - Penetanguishene, Canada
just remember, good to compare notes, but don't compare yourself to each other. You are each on your own journey, and you'll lose at different rates.

tango123
on 5/20/11 8:46 am
Hey fellow Shwa girl!
Welcome< I have been on here for a few months now and have learned a great deal.The people are fantastic and so helpful and supportive. I am scheduled to have surgery on July 25th with the same Dr. so you will have to fill me in!!
Good luck and I will be thinking of you on Monday! WOW sooooo close now to a new beginning.
Karen T.
on 5/22/11 1:39 pm - Canada
Thanks Tango,
Good luck on your surgery.  I am getting really nervous now.  I will let ya know as soon as I can.  :o)

Lil-Stinker
on 5/23/11 12:05 am
Hi Karen! This board is a great place to come and share and get real time information on the surgery from those who've gone ahead of us. I'm having surgery on June 10th and I love hearing from ppl who have just come out from having it. Good luck and I'll be following your posts!
Referral sent on 26 Feb 2010 - Sleep Study on 28 May 2010 - Info session at WMC on 14 Jan 11- Appt with the APN (nurse) on 27 Jan 11 - Dietician and Behaviorist appts on Feb 24. WLS Class 6th April 2011 - Surgeon appt 3 May 2011 Dr Yelle - Surgery June 6th          
Most Active
Recent Topics