I am home

Karen T.
on 6/4/11 12:03 am - Canada
Hi Everyone,
  I am home and doing ok.  Overall everything went well.  My surgery was Monday and I came home on Thursday.  I was pretty sick in the hospital and could only stomach water (very nauseous).  I was in a room with 3 elderly ladies who where very sick and I had no sleep whatsoever.  I was up and walking right from that first day trying to get rid of that awful gas.  I still have lots if gas (is that normal?)  I try to walk around as much as I can.  Getting the protein in is very hard for me right now.  I am not hungry at all and I have to force myself to eat anything.   How do you get all your water in?  I feel like I have eaten at a buffet restaurant and am sooo full all the time.  I am glad to be home though and know it will get better.  Thanks for listening and for every ones well wishes.  Thanks Brandy for checking up on me.    
Thanks for saving room on the losers bench.

Leslie W.
on 6/4/11 12:33 am - Cobourg, Canada
Glad to hear that you are home and doing ok. Sip sip sip !

Take care

Referral: August 2010 Orientation TWH: May 25, 2011  NP: June 8/11, f/u sleep clinic June 7, abd u/s June 14, SW: June 28/11  Nutrition Class: July 5/11, Dietician Aug 09, Psychologist Aug 25 Surgeon Sept 16th Surgery Date: Oct 11/11 HW:287, Opti wt: 260 SW: 242
My Angel is Sheri TK   
Moselle
on 6/4/11 12:39 am - Athens, Canada
Glad to hear that you are home and recovering well.  It is a bit of a struggle early out to eat and drink.  I'll 5 1/2 months out and I'm still not really hungry. Just get in your protein in and then you kind of build up to the rest. Sip as much water as you can, but again you will find it gets easier and easier as the days pass.

It's a very exciting journey if you use your tool properly.  Take care and I wish you every success.

"Success is the sum of small efforts, repeated day in and day out." -Robert Collier
Join Kingston Ontario WLS Support Group - Online @ OH 

HW: 267         SW: 248       GW:155       LW: 132      CW: 143-148      

Paul11011
on 6/4/11 12:44 am
Glad to hear you're home.  Yes the gas is normal and it too shall pass....ewwwww.  Lol.  Be diligent about the protein and water, those are your primary concerns at this point.  It will take awhile to adjust.  Take care.
VSG 1-10-2011 Dr. Randal Baker.   www.grandhealthpartners.com

Sheritk
on 6/4/11 1:22 am - Canada
 Great to hear that you are home....gas is still normal at this point...each day will get a little better for sure! Get lots of rest and walk around when you can. Concentrate on getting your water in as much as you can...for protein you can try the Whey coolers from bulk barn....it counts as your liquid too...plus a full scoop is around 24 grms of protein. They have different flavours but the iced tea one is nice. Just try to do the best you can and always have something to drink with you.....it does get easier...right now you are learning what will work for you. Wishing you all the best....take care and congratulations on your surgery!!

Sheri
  Cheryl M is my   aka...chermull6

StevesGal
on 6/4/11 3:47 am - Hamilton, Canada
I'm not sure the Iced Tea one is something that can be taken so soon post surgery unless it's caffeine free.  I asked about Crystal Light Iced Tea at my surgery class and the NUT said no, because it does have a small amount of caffeine.

Beth

Former RNY patient revising to Sleeve then DS.
Appts: Dietitian - January 21/19; July 16/19, August 13/19, September 17/19, October 15/19; Social Worker: August 23/19; DS Orientation: March 20/19; Internist: September 30/19; Surgeon: November 13/19 (signed consent).
Surgery Date: February 28/20.

MY RNY DIDN'T FAIL ME - I FAILED IT.

Lisa3756
on 6/4/11 6:05 am - Ottawa, Canada
Hmmm...just did some research and Crystal Light Iced Tea has about the same amount of caffeine as decaf coffee does. 
Lisa

Referral sent 2010-03-02
Information session 2011-01-21
Appointment with the nurse 2011-02-17
Appointment with Diet/Behav 2011-03-09
Scope 2011-04-29
Education session 2011-05-04
CT Scan 2011-06-02
Appointment with Dr. Yelle 2011-06-28
Appointment with Dr. Klein 2011-08-16
Surgery - Hopefully!
Crackintoes
on 6/4/11 1:23 am - Canada
Welcome to the bench Karen!
~Just another day for you and me in paradise. 

sam1am
on 6/4/11 2:20 am
 Everything sounds normal to me.  Congratulations and welcome to the bench!

Sandy                                           

"The best way to cheer yourself up is to try to cheer somebody  else up"                     

Mark Twain                                                       LW-Apple-Gold-Small.jpg image by PlicketyCatAnimation One      

Leanne1
on 6/4/11 3:18 am - Newmarket, Canada
Congrats and welcome to the bench :D:D:D

Gas-x was my friend after surgery and also walk walk walking... reaalllyy gets the gas moving

Enjoy the ride, it can be crazyyy :D

BELOW GOAL        Happily maintaining 4.5 years out!!   Life is GREAT!!!  Had my plastic surgery! 

Most Active
Recent Topics