post op guide

tango123
on 6/13/11 6:39 am
I wish there was a hand book on getting pre-parred for pre/post op. I am a paper type girl . I need physical referrence to go back to .
The orientation pamplet I got only had a few picturesof vitamins..nothing in writing of which vitamins..
no actual diet break down of how much protein or carbs or veg per day. I hear everyone talking about follow your guide.
Is this something I will get from the nut shortly before surgery?
debralight
on 6/13/11 6:43 am - Canada
i got it at the 3 hour Surgical Preparation class.
Sometimes the best support  you can get isn't all purple puddles and pink rainbows.

tango123
on 6/13/11 6:46 am
So when is that? I am pretty sure I haven't attended that class yet.
debralight
on 6/13/11 6:53 am, edited 6/13/11 7:03 am - Canada
This answer is gonna be of no help - however I'm pretty sure you'll have it prior to surgery. I think i had mine a couple months before surgery - but Humber has a different way of doing things than some other centres.

I'm thinking if you have been booked for surgery you likely have had the class or are scheduled for it.  You might want to contact the NUT and ask them to sit down with you and provide you with more information if the class wasn't sufficient. I've learnt more here than in the few pages of bad photocopies that made up my guide.

In the meantime quit pop, eat healthy, stop eating one you are sated, stop using straws, and start working on learning and overcoming your eating triggers. 

Again sorry i'm not much help.
Sometimes the best support  you can get isn't all purple puddles and pink rainbows.

trudylam
on 6/13/11 7:20 am - Sudbury, Canada
Here's a link for the book that we get from St. Joe's.  Some of the information you get may be a bit different but it will give you an idea of what to expect both pre-op and post-op.  Hope this helps. :)

http://www.stjoes.ca/media/PatientED/F-J/PD%206000%20Bariatr ic%20Surgery%20-%20Gastric%20Bypass%20April%202010.pdf

Rachel O.
on 6/13/11 9:41 am - Hamilton, Canada
RNY on 03/02/12
Thanks Trudy.. :) I am going through Hamilton and have yet to go through orientation. I like to know as much as I can up front so that's going to help me. Thanks again
Most Active
Recent Topics