OT: Not exactly the protein shake I bought the Bullet for...(long)

Sher1ock
on 6/13/11 12:01 am - Canada
So I bought my Magic Bullet a little while ago, in anticipation of Optifast, protein shakes and pureed food to come.  I made a different protein shake in it last night though...  as I was driving past a nearby mall on a busy street, I saw a bunch of people chasing a herd of wood ducklings so I pulled in to help.  Momma duck had tried to get them across the street and they made it, but she wa**** and stunned, eventually being ok.   We tried for two and half hours to reunite them, but we couldn't catch her.  At one point, we brought the babies across the street and waited for her to catch up and when she did, we let them loose so she could take them to the water.  She went the wrong way and they fell into a parking garage so we rounded them up again.  By that time, they were tired and momma was gone, so I brought them home to keep overnight until the Wild Bird Care Centre was open.  I put them in my tub with a ho****er bottle and towel, a little water and a mush whipped up in the Magic Bullet comprised of lettuce and worms (thankfully nearby gas station sold worms because my garden was very dry!).  Everyone survived the night and I dropped them off this morning.  They will be rehomed to a farm with a pond.  I also got a chance to set a new goal for a NSV...run faster than something with legs that are only an inch and half long!!!  Check out video...

http://youtu.be/F-4RRQoZOyI

Karen M #2
on 6/13/11 12:16 am - Ottawa, Canada
RNY on 04/20/10 with
OMG, too fricking cute! Way to go!

HW-328/SW-309/CW-163/GW-160
Success is the sum of small efforts repeated day in and day out.  - Robert Collier

Follow me on Twitter!: Karen_M_2

Geri T.
on 6/13/11 12:33 am - Blenheim, Canada
What a good way to start my Monday by seeing your good deed you did for those little guys.

Thanks for that

Geri

happypants
on 6/13/11 12:33 am - Ottawa, Canada
Thats just Ducky!!!  No really, way to go

In order to succeed, your desire for success should be greater than your fear of failure.

Surgery July 22, 2011  Starting weight 270  128 lbs lost  Today's weight 142 lbs                 Ann       

sam1am
on 6/13/11 1:43 am
What a nice story!  Thanks for sharing!

Sandy                                           

"The best way to cheer yourself up is to try to cheer somebody  else up"                     

Mark Twain                                                       LW-Apple-Gold-Small.jpg image by PlicketyCatAnimation One      

Sirene
on 6/13/11 1:51 am - Ottawa, Canada
LMAO @ NSV...run faster than something with legs that are only an inch and half long!!!  Check out video...

Awesome job!!!

Jennifer  

kellybelly333
on 6/13/11 2:05 am - Toronto, Canada
So cute!

Surgery March 23/2011. Completed three full marathons and two half marathons, two half Ironman distances. Completed my first Full Ironman distance (4 km swim, 180 km bike, 42.2 km (full marathon) run) in Muskoka August 30/2015. Next Ironman Lake Placid July 23/2017!

Karen M.
on 6/13/11 3:05 am - Mississauga, Canada
SO cute!  Although, I'd have to buy a new bullet.  No way in hell I could use it again. LOL

Karen

Ontario Recipes Forum - http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/ontario_recipes/

Carpe Diem
on 6/13/11 11:27 am - Canada
**big thumpin heart of admiration for you and your corescuers**
Crackintoes
on 6/13/11 11:41 am - Canada
Awwwwe, they're so cute!!! I actually thought the video was of you out chasing after them.   Good job Sherry and really nice story. You're an .

There's some geese living near the end west end of Hunt Club where the traffic is 80km/hr. They spend too much time trying to cross the road. Two Sundays ago there were 6 babies with a mom and dad and this past Sunday I had a similar scene where I had to stop traffic as they were hanging out on the white line and wanted to cross. They were down to one adult and three babies.  I just hoped that maybe it was a freak of nature and that the other half of the family decided to stay in the swamp/pond.
~Just another day for you and me in paradise. 

Most Active
Recent Topics