Transfers??

Tammy G.
on 6/13/11 10:49 am - London, Canada
RNY on 01/25/12
 Hi All,

Just wondering at what point in the whole process do you request a transfer to another centre?  I have more support in the Toronto area rather then in the Guelph area which is my area centre.  Do I contact the Registry or Guelph since that is where my file is now sitting, (I assume this as when I contacted the BR they told me that if I had any further questions to contact Guelph).
 Thanks for all you help, I am quiet on the boards, but I am reading and learning lots from everyone!!  I am also loving all of the before, during and after pics, they are very encouraging.

Tammy 
RubyTues
on 6/13/11 12:50 pm - Canada
Hi Tammy..
I too am with Guelph and was pretty disappointed to hear that I was going to be yet another year to get my surgery date, making it a two year process so far. At one of my support groups they told me to get my fam doc to make a referral to the Hamilton Center as the process is only taking roughly 6 months. I was unaware you could do that when already dealing with another clinic but two of the ladies said that's exactly what they did and they ended up getting a quicker surgery. They told me you don't even need to notify the other clinic you just keep them on the back burner so to speak.
trudylam
on 6/13/11 1:03 pm - Sudbury, Canada
The process in Hamilton is closer to a year after referral, maybe 6 months after orientation.  I would emplore anyone who is switching centres to notify the original centre.  If you don't, you are monopolizing 2 spaces when someone who has been waiting just as long could be filling your spot.  Not really fair to slow others down just to keep the other clinic on the back burner so to speak.

Allyson A.
on 6/13/11 6:56 pm - Seeleys Bay, Canada
When I transferred my referral from Ottawa to Toronto I first made contact with the registry. They emailed me and told me that I would have to contact Ottawa and ask for the transfer.

I called Ottawa, transfer made in 1st week of Feb and 2nd week I got the call from Toronto to start the process.

Hope this helps.
HW 318  SW 291 

JennF
on 6/13/11 9:57 pm
You have to ask Guelph to transfer your file. Make sure you tell them that it's because you have support in T.O and no support in Guelph. You will be placed at the bottem of the new clinic list, if they approve you. And yes Guelph is a 2yr waiting and that timeline seems to be growing. Also, you cant have your Dr just send another referral to another clinic, ALL REFERRALS go to the regestry and they send it to the clinic in your designated geographical area. Its not possible to have a spot on the back burner.
Little_LuLu
on 6/13/11 11:59 pm - London, Canada
I was referred to Guelph in April 2011 and recently requested a transfer to St. Joe's and was denied.  I then called the Guelph clinic again and asked if I could be transferred to Humber River since I have family in TO.  Guelph said no.  I emailed the registry office asking them to explain what the official transfer approval process was.  The next day I received a voice message from Guelph informing me that they would transfer my file.  They said because I had not officially started the process with them yet, they would forward my referral form to Humber River. 
Tammy G.
on 6/14/11 1:54 am - London, Canada
RNY on 01/25/12
 Thanks for all of your replies, I am going to give it a shot and see what happens, I will let you know the outcome.

Tammy
Most Active
Recent Topics