My WLS books arrived!

Radiogirl39
on 6/29/11 10:56 am - Canada
Decided I will only be comfortable doing this if I am as informed as possible and have a good idea of what I am facing.  Got  'Weight Loss Surgery fo r Dummies', 'Before and After: Living and Eating Well after Weight Loss Surgery' and 'Gastric Bypass Surgery: The Psychological Journey'.  The last one 'is intended to provide information oabout various psychological issues that are common throughout the process'.  Covering ALL my bases.

Monica M.
on 6/29/11 11:14 am - Penetanguishene, Canada
awesome!! i have the "dummies" books.. they're great.

Radiogirl39
on 6/30/11 8:31 am - Canada
I got the WLS  For Dummies but apparently there is a Roux-en-Y for Dummies.  Wasn't sure if I should return the WLS for the RNY, any idea how they compare?
northernlight
on 6/29/11 12:56 pm - Canada
VSG on 05/11/12
Good for you! I'm the same way - I want to know all that I can about whatever is going on in my world. I'd like to hear your reviews of the books when you've finished them.  Enjoy!

Deb

Radiogirl39
on 6/30/11 8:33 am - Canada
Absolutely, good idea! So far I've started the psychology booklet (it's only 75 pages) and I think it is going to be a very useful tool. 
TBIYTC
on 6/29/11 3:23 pm - Ontario, Canada
VSG on 02/29/12
I'm glad to hear you got them all.  Could you please post a little book review after you read each one?

TBIYTC-The Best Is Yet To Come Referral-Mar 2011   Surgery Feb 29th, 2012

Radiogirl39
on 6/30/11 8:34 am - Canada
I sure will! Now I just have to find the time to read them all, lol.
Lisa_Toronto
on 6/29/11 6:33 pm - Toronto, Canada
that's so funny!  I just received a shipment of new WLS books today too.  I'll do a separate post with reviews.

weight loss includes 25 lbs before optifast         
Radiogirl39
on 6/30/11 8:35 am - Canada
Cool! Did you get any of the same?
joanne_1970
on 6/29/11 8:40 pm - Harriston, Canada
In Guelph they recommend you get the book The Real Skinny on Weight Loss Surgery
I bought it and it is very imformative as it was written by two women who have had the surgery along with there Dr.

Most Active
Recent Topics