heal time?

tango123
on 6/30/11 11:36 am
I have always wondered...does our new pouch ever really fully heal, or is it always held together by the "zipper"?  I nknow we can burwt it or stretch it...at what point is it safe to do normal things?
Also  anyone know how long I will be home bound (if no complications) Trying to arrange daycare and car pool for sports for my kids for July!
ohh and after ..how does it feel. Does it feel "normal" or will we always feel re- arranged? Will the full feeling and sick feeling be different?
Thanks
PatXYZ
on 6/30/11 12:32 pm
This is going to vary greatly from person to person, but my centre recommends 4 weeks off work as a guideline assuming no complications... keep in mind that you won't be able to lift much for a few weeks too.
Monica M.
on 6/30/11 12:55 pm - Penetanguishene, Canada
its so very very individual. Depends on your pain tolerance, and stuff. I was out and about within a few days, although not a whole lot of energy. Your surgeon will tell you when you can resume normal activities, but again, energy levels are very individual.

Yes, your stomach heals.  The tissue of your stomach will knit itself together, much the same as a cut on your arm.

I'm 4 months out, and i feel entirely normal. The only way i can really tell that something has been done to me is cuz i have these 4 scars on my belly.

The full feeling is different, in that it happens much quicker than it did when my stomach was "normal", but i dont feel any different inside. I don't know what the sick feeling feels like, because i've only had a slight bit of nausea one time.

Radiogirl39
on 7/3/11 4:55 am - Canada
I think the stomach actually heals itself pretty fast.  I know that with my nephew's G-tube,my sister has to get a new one in asap if it gets pulled out because the stomach will start to close up the hole pretty fast. Like within a couple of hours, if not they have to go to the hospital as they may need to widen the opening again.  Any part with mucous membranes, like the mouth, usually heals better than exposed skin.
Most Active
Recent Topics