Tomorrow is the day!

pinkjellybean
on 7/1/11 1:26 pm - Canada
VSG on 01/25/12
I know this sounds nuts...but tomorrow is the day that I am quitting diet coke forever and I am actually feeling anxiety about it!  That's so crazy isn't it?  Today I enjoyed the holiday and my birthday and now I feel ready to just go for it.  I bought some cherry pomegranite crystal light singles to put in my water if I feel I need a little taste of something but I have decided to quit diet coke cold turkey.....with advil on hand and my husband agreeing to let me sleep if I'm tired and cranky I hope to be over the crazy withdrawal symptoms.

Wish my luck and cross your fingers for me please!!

SURGERY at Toronto Western Hospital - VSG JANUARY 25th, 2012!!

5'9 - HW - 390 SW - 368.8  GW - 150

SilentBob
on 7/1/11 1:31 pm
Good luck.. I've been pop free for 5 months now... You miss it for a little while, but then that urge to drink goes away. You'll sleep better and feel better.

(deactivated member)
on 7/1/11 1:33 pm - Canada
I wish you the best of luck! That was my addiction too (and chips) but I quit cold turkey too after my orientation session.

YOU CAN DO IT!!!
Lil-Stinker
on 7/1/11 2:01 pm
 Good luck :-) Tomorrow is the day that I will get organized for once :P
Referral sent on 26 Feb 2010 - Sleep Study on 28 May 2010 - Info session at WMC on 14 Jan 11- Appt with the APN (nurse) on 27 Jan 11 - Dietician and Behaviorist appts on Feb 24. WLS Class 6th April 2011 - Surgeon appt 3 May 2011 Dr Yelle - Surgery June 6th          
Bonnie ABC
on 7/1/11 7:46 pm - Smiths Falls, Canada
RNY on 09/16/08 with
Well good for you girl!  Really.. pop is so addicting.  Remember this once you've had surgery and want one, remember how much and how hard it was to stop.   So today, every minute that goes by means one more minute away from diet Coke.. Think about that.

Bonnie

I can do hard things, life is teaching me that I can.
             Lost 222lbs with rny, 20 lbs regain.

Plastics, July 2010 with Dr. Sauceda in Monterrey, Mexico
Megan M.
on 7/1/11 11:26 pm - Canada
I went cold turkey in November, but it was really January before the turkey was frozen.  It was harder than I thought, but crystal light to the rescue, and now I just prefer plain water.  I do now have an occasional drink of it, but I find that is less and less because I don't really even care for the taste anymore.  With surgery less than 3 weeks away, it's totally off limits now, and I'm really not bothered by it.  Stay strong - like any addiction, you have to be stronger than the urge of the addiction.  Good Luck, but don't beat yourself up if it takes a bit of time.
Derek C.
on 7/2/11 5:03 am - North Bay , Canada
I quit cold turkey on April 21st - both diet coke and caffenine - i suffered for the first week - headaches and sweats - but lots of water and crystal light in replacement and decaf coffee too - i crave it sometimes but not too often - good luck on your journey

Surgery Date - AUGUST 22, 2011 - Ran first 5KM Race - Oct 14, 2012 (28 min)  - Currently maintaining a healthy 190 lbs and training for my first half marathon in the summer of 2013

pinkjellybean
on 7/2/11 7:50 am - Canada
VSG on 01/25/12
Thanks everyone. 

I am feeling absolutely terrible today.   I can't believe what an addict I am and believe it or not some of the youth I counsel struggle with addictions!  My head is pounding and I just slept for three hours!  I feel absolutely deflated and "off".

SURGERY at Toronto Western Hospital - VSG JANUARY 25th, 2012!!

5'9 - HW - 390 SW - 368.8  GW - 150

PatXYZ
on 7/3/11 10:54 am
It's really hard when you first quit. I used to drink about 6-8 Diet Dr. Peppers everyday, but quit over 3 years ago now. Remember that for TWH you aren't required to totally give up caffeine, so if you're having really bad withdrawal, you might find a cup of tea comforting, and it would allow you to wean off a little more gently. Good job!
Kerry F.
on 7/2/11 9:49 am - Bolton, Canada
I quit the DC too...not cold turkey - I weaned off it instead.  I loved my DC but I can honestly tell you that I don't miss it now.   After a while, you won't either.  Remember that 'this too shall pass.' :)

Kerry

What lies behind us and what lies ahead of us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us. - Ralph Waldo Emerson   

Most Active
Recent Topics